“One of our new favorites!”
Review of Gauthier Vineyard

Gauthier Vineyard
More attraction details
Owner description: Gauthier Vineyard is a newly opened Winery and Vineyard located in New Kent County, VA. We are currently open on week-ends and Monday-Friday by appointment. We offer a wide selection of Virginia wines! Our website is Gauthiervinyard.com.
California
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“One of our new favorites!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I visited Gauthier on a recommendation from a friend. It was a nice drive out, and is set in a beautiful area surrounded by an equestrian center. You will need to travel up a narrow, winding, gravel lane to get there. This reminded me of some of the vineyards in the Napa Valley region that are set back with long, winding roads to reach them. The tasting room is beautiful and still smells brand new. Everyone working there was friendly and informative during our tasting. We felt very welcome there and loved that they took the time to talk to us about each wine we tasted even though they were really busy. We have tasted at all of the wineries in this area, as well as many in Napa and all across WA state. This is the first time that we enjoyed every single wine on the tasting list. I would definitely recommend the reserve tasting, which is just a few dollars more, because tasting their reserve chambourcin and viognier is quite worth it. We bought several bottles to take home with us and plan to return when the vineyard is in bloom to enjoy a glass or two of our favorites and take in the wonderful view. Gauthier Vineyard is definitely one of our new favorites!

Visited April 2014
3 Thank MakingMemories317

virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great little winery”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Two other wineries recommended that we stop at Gauthier before we ended our day. It is only about 10 miles from New Kent and maybe 5 miles from Saude Creek winery. Gauthier sits on an expanse of land that includes a working equestrian center, You travel on a winding, one land gravel lane to get to the winery. The winery itself is inviting. It has a large covered porch and plenty of seating. The staff were wonderful. They were knowledgeable, welcoming, and friendly. We truly felt like appreciated guests. The wine is very good. We purchased Cab Franc, Traminette and a wonderful Riesling. Great time and great wine. We will definitely be back..

Visited April 2014
3 Thank mariposaricart
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful visit!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were lucky enough to arrive at the vineyard ahead of the rush this last Saturday and got to spend time chatting with the owners about their vineyard. It's wonderful to hear about their history and passion. Not to mention the personal attention when it came to the tasting!!! The wines are very good! I bought several! The Traminette is excellent! And so is the Starboard! Hope to see these wines for sale locally! Highly recommend to all wine tasters!!!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Dsheely3132
Virginia
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“A Nice Time at a Nice Place”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stopped by this winery as I was passing through. I have a personal quest to visit all the wineries in Virginia. So far I have been to around 180, being a new winery this was on my "to do" list.

The place was easy to find with the directions I found from their website. The tasting room itself and grounds pleasant. The wine was nice (not my personal taste but good quality wine I thought). The staff was friendly enough.

All in all a very good visit and rating. Nothing bad or to complain about but nothing that stood out.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank AmbersM0mmy
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Had a great experience”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We were told of the winery while visiting another winery in the area.
Pros:
1) We were greeted at the tasting counter and told someone would be right with us. (We had no problem waiting because someone had already greeted us and it was busy)
2) The young man that helped us was very nice and answered all the questions we had.
3) The wine was very good and we left the property with three bottles of wine, two of which we couldn't get at the other two local wineries.
4) They owner came over and talked with us for about 15 minutes or more and told us the history of his property and why he opened the winery.

Cons:
The only con I have is that they were giving a sample of a wine that they were thinking about selling and it was excellent. If it would have been for sale (which it wasn't therefore it was a con) I would have surely purchased it.

This was an excellent experience for us and we will surely go back in the future.

Visited February 2014