“A Treasure in the Country”
Review of Burnley Vineyards

Burnley Vineyards
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We happened upon this vineyard on our way to a larger winery in Barboursville. What a find. We were offered samples of all 17 wines. The explanation of each wine made sense to people who enjoy wine, but are not connoisseurs. We spent over an hour there.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"virginia"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was the third winery we visited in the area and the first one where we found wines we really enjoyed. At first, I was a little nervous about going in. The tasting room looks like it is on top of a garage. You have to walk up rickety seeming steps to get there but it is worth it! The tasting room itself is not exactly awe inspiring but it is homey and cozy once you step up to the bar and start talking with the folks. We were taken care of by an older woman (I think she may have been one of the owners - not sure, though). She introduced us to each wine and told us a little about each one. She was incredibly friendly! I really enjoyed the sweeter whites and we ended up bringing home the Ravenna Sunset and the Somerset. They were both truly delicious and I can't wait to enjoy them at home. I would highly recommend visiting this winery.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Just moved to the area and checked this place out for the first time! The man behind the counter who i think owns it was friendly and gave us a wine tasting, the wines were amazing! We ended up buying an entire case of assorted wines and plan on giving some as holiday gifts to family. Ill certainly go back, i vote they add a bar and grill =)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to this winery after leaving the Barboursville winery, which I would not recommend. If you like a small local feel, this is the place. Their sweet wines were very good yet we really enjoyed a red wine called Dog Gone Red. It was named after their dog Cooper and he was all sprawled out on the floor. We had a young lady go through our wine tasting. She was friendly and attentive. They had cheese and baguettes if you needed something to munch on. We did not partake so I can't rate them. I also didn't inquire about a tour, we were there for the tasting. Between the 4 of us, we got 6 bottles of wine. We didn't buy anything from Barboursville because we couldn't get near the counter to purchase. The line was insane! I enjoy supporting family owned small wineries and will return to this one.