“Just goes to prove...”

Stonefire Kitchen
Description: An excellent new restaurant in central Virginia
Description: An excellent new restaurant in central Virginia
Reviewed August 20, 2014

...if the food is good then no matter where the restaurant is people will go there. This is one of those places you look for because it's where the locals go. When was the last time you ate somewhere that had real cloth tablecloths? Not the hard white industry ones but nice, colorful tablecloths? We love this place. It's a bit out of the way but worth the drive. We just had a meatloaf sandwich, a turkey with avocado sandwich and tomato and mushroom soup. All of which we agreed we could eat again it was so good. Most everything is local and freshly prepared. The service is impeccable and the casual seating and dining is comfortable and relaxing. There are local wines, brews and pop as well as a large assortment of ice tea's, etc. If in the Orange area don't miss the experience of eating here. We only wish it were closer to town so we could frequent there more often.

5  Thank Tuckergoose

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We drove by this place awhile ago and wondered about it, then we read about in a magazine. On our next trip thru the area we detoured to go there and were glad we did. We had the Cuban sandwich and beet salad. EXCELLENT!

2  Thank Virytas
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My wife and I love Stonefire! Its home cooked food made from ingredients purchased from other local businesses. Its fresh, organic and their sadwiches are so delicious and unique, that i am always tempted to order two so I can take one home for later.... As if the right hook of deliciousness that Stonefire throws at you when you walk in the door wasnt enough, they hit you with the uppercut of having a diverse wine and beer selection! Its a bountiful cornicopia of incredible wines both local and other. Their craft beer selection was incredible as well. its obvious that the person who does the selection of beer, is well versed in quality craft beers. You should go to Stonefire, I may see you there.

2  Thank Steve L
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We love this place!! Jeremy and his crew are always, always pleasant. Great food at a great price. Love that he supports locals with his food and products. Only thing would love for the beer cooler to be a tad but colder. Will keep coming back!!!

2  Thank mpdh_3
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I have passed this restaurant many times and always wanted to stop. I finally had lunch here on Saturday and left disappointed. The restaurant has a lot going for it - a great menu, reasonable prices and outdoor seating. However, the food was awful. I had half of a reuben sandwich and potato, bacon and blue cheese soup. My husband had the sandwich special which was sausage with an olive, pepper and potato topping. The soup had a good taste but it had separated giving it a grainy texture. It was also served luke warm. The reuben had 3 thick slices of corned beef. The bread wasn't grilled and there was no sauerkraut. I can't remember if the menu board said it would have sauerkraut but that's one of the key components of a reuben. The corned beef was good, but was cut thick like a roast. The sausage sandwich topping was whole (not chopped or sliced) olives, pepper slices and thick potato slices with a bunch of lettuce on top. The sausage itself had a good taste but had such a thick casing that was hard to bite through. My husband did enjoy the side of potato salad. In all, this was a very disappointing lunch. I know there are tons of great reviews but I just don't get it.