“Barboursville and Frank saved the day”

Barboursville Vineyards and Historic Ruins
Book In Advance
More Info
$250.00*
and up
Private Behind the Scenes Wine Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular vineyard in Orange Country, Virginia that offers wine-tasting.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Barboursville saved the day! I stopped by on my first visit to Barboursville yesterday. I was coming from a horrific experience at a vineyard 1.6 miles down the road. Because of that experience, I wasn't going to try another one, but thankfully decided against it. Barboursville was WONDERFUL. They greeted me as soon as I got in, encouraged me to take part in a tasting and remarkable. Frank was the one who walked me through the tasting. I like how the tasting was set up in different sections. Frank had a small group a couple of steps in front of me, but that didn't keep him from his 100% commitment to me. He was great in answering my questions, even the goofy ones, asking me questions, giving wonderful information and tips, and enjoying time with me. He didn't make me feel like I was some goofball visitor who didn't know anything about wine, or made me feel stupid for asking silly questions. He made my trip and time at Barboursville quite pleasant and enjoyable.

All reviews
"wine tasting"
in 92 reviews
"tasting room"
in 96 reviews
"tasting stations"
"different wines"
in 22 reviews
"designed by thomas jefferson"
in 16 reviews
in 9 reviews
"free tour"
"crackers"

Reviewed October 22, 2012

barboursville winery has over 15 wines to try. very good selection. nice grounds and the gift shop has a great selection of wine related gifts.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The surroundings are really beautiful. The wine is good, but this winery gets overly crowded and comes off too commercial. We waited in line to pay before tasting, which is unnecessary - then had to wait again after to purchase bottles - why twice? Most let you pay for your tasting afterwards. It was very crowded and the pourers weren't very attentive - it was more assembly line. While it is pretty and worth seeing if you haven't been, I would not go back for repeat trips to taste and sit and enjoy a glass....

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Barboursville has what I (and many others) consider to be the best wine in Virginia. For $5 you get to sample 20+ wines, including Barboursville's premiere wine, Octagon. The grounds are large and beautiful, with gorgeous mountain views. Well worth a visit!