“Drinks only for me but food looked good”
Review of Mule Bar

Mule Bar
Ranked #7 of 28 Restaurants in Winooski
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a cute resto/pub in the heart of town. There were 16 beers on tap for us to choose from. I really enjoyed my choice as it was completely different from my wife's beer. It was crowded so we had to stand and watch as others got their food plates which were impressively huge and mouth watering.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Went with my two 20-something sons who can really eat. Format was no table service, so we were lucky they were not busy as bartender was prompt and helpful. I told him I needed him to cure my headcold and he mixed a nice whiskey hot-toddie. Boys enjoyed beer list with obscure full-flavored offerings, calamari with fresh jalapenos, savory pork-belliy sandwich, excellent burger and I relished the spicy winter squash soup and bluefish pate. Unpretentious and excellent. By the way, this morning my cold is gone!

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hampton close by and looked for a place for a quick bite and beer. Great place! This is not a restaurant, just a bad, but had some great food just the same!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stopped in to Mule Bar after Beth in Colchester's review. Would agree with her, that its worth the trip. Would disagree about taking off a star. Looked like rain so we sat at a table inside. 1st thing the waitress asked us was if we had eaten here before, she then explained that the bartenders took out order at the bar, and that it was only the outdoor tables that had table service. No problem. Great food. Excellent microbrew selection. Not just the same old same old VT list. Great find. I clicked excellent on service below because once we ordered at the bar, the food came out quickly, and the waitress was attentive to us immediately if we had any questions.

3  Thank AmyandRoy
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I deducted one star because I still don't know whether this is a serve yourself establishment or whether you should wait for a server to help you. If you like beer you'll love this place. I ordered the Breakfast Geek stout which was delicious. I hope they'll begin offering a few more choices for food. It is a bar, not a restaurant which is fine but none of their food options interested me.