“Amazing food, crappy service”
Review of McKee's Pub

McKee's Pub
Ranked #9 of 28 Restaurants in Winooski
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Burlington, Vermont
“Amazing food, crappy service”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

For food I would say this place is one of the best in town. They have a great selection and interesting combinations (crab benedicts YUM!). They always have specials that are great! Sometimes their burgers a little greasy, but what else can I expect from a great burger! If it was just for the food I would eat at McKee's every chance I could get, however their service always makes it my 2nd, 3rd, or last option. I don't know if we get the same waitress every time, but it usually takes 10 minutes for us to be acknowledged by our server and have our drink orders taken. We do not get acknowledged until our food comes out. Our drinks are rarely refilled by our server (the last time, another server saw we had been sitting for a while without water and was kind enough to refill our glasses for us), and we have learned to bring cash, because the server does not come back for a long while to get our card. It's not that she's lazy; she just thinks other tables are more important (i.e. the table that is the most vocal about complaints generally gets all of the attention). The bartender is always nice! So if it's an option and it's just a couple eating out, try the bar, I bet the service is better! And if you do get the slow, inattentive waitress, don't fret, the food is amazing and there are plenty of TVs to watch while you wait!
The cost is pretty good. We went for Sunday brunch, had Bloody Mary's and spent about 30 dollars.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank amabech

Toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, atmosphere”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Great food and lost of it, The night I was there July 03, they had land shark on tap last time i had land shark was 3 years ago in Grand Turk. It is a great beer. I would go back again, I would even go out of my way to get to it.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank JohnDEvans
Meriden, Connecticut
“McKee's”
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I immediately felt comfortable at McKee's - great food, wide variety of beers and tremendous service.

Burlington, Vermont
“I have always had excellent food here although there isn't too big of a selection. The brunch is fabulous.”
Reviewed April 17, 2008