“A Great Addition to the Restaurant Scene in the Upper Valley”

Windsor Station Restaurant & Barroom
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Windsor
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We ate here last night and thoroughly enjoyed the newly-reopened Windsor Station Restaurant. Even though I had called earlier in the week for a reservation and they start serving at 430 PM, the earliest we could get a table was 7:30 PM.

It was difficult to choose from the wide range of Italian and American dishes, but I ended up selecting the Station Master Salad and the Chicken Piccata with Rice Pilaf, while my friends had the Spaghetti and Meatballs and Uncle Curly's Eggplant Parmesans. The latter two entrees came in a small or a large version, as did the salads, but even the smaller portions were generous. We all enjoyed our respective choices. The food was well-favored and delicious. To accompany our entrees, we selected wines by the glass: a perfect;y fine Pinot Grigio and a Pinot Noir.

All round an excellent dining experience! The building is an historic gem, and we are thrilled that Windsor Station is back after an absence of two years and under new management by the former owners of Stella's in Hartland, VT.

1  Thank Bear59

Reviewed September 18, 2013

A great drinking hole in Windsor and a first class place for a meal. Just ask for John the chef who will cook you a meal that you will not leave a morsel on the plate.
Friendly and a great place to chat and find out what's going on and who's who. Don't miss it.

1  Thank The Ferengi
Reviewed September 18, 2013

It is/was the station. I think there are 2 trains a day. Good atmosphere, good choice of beers, interesting menu. Our server had a rather poor memory but we got what we wanted evantually. I think the kitcen was struggling a bit. Not all the food was as hot as it should have been and some was very hot. I had good fish (flounder). The wonderfulness of the deserts was slightlty overstated. Not bad just not so very great. I would go again if I was nearby. Which I am not!

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I was a huge fan of the owner's previous restaurant, food was always well seasoned and creative. Can't say the same for this effort. Really uninspired but technically nothing wrong with the food. I have eaten there twice, had pasta twice, never offered cheese and both times pasta overcooked. It is busy, I tried to make a reservation, left message at noon that day and didn't get a call back till nearly 5 pm and got an abrupt no. I don't tend to plan that far in advance so I probably won't be there often. Honestly better food at Lui Lui's.

1  Thank cwh18
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I hate to write a review - because the place just reopened and it is already jammed. But the owners have done such a great job they deserve a good review! We have been there twice since it reopened and the food and atmosphere is really just what Windsor needed. Nothing fancy, just a comfortable place with very good food. The (somewhat Italian) menu has something for everyone and is very 'down to earth'. If you want a good bowl of pasta, burger, fried calamari etc this is the place. So far everything we have tried was very good. Great list of local beers on tap too. We are hoping to see some more creative specials over time.

Save room for sweets. The tiramisu and chocolate cream pie are great!

1  Thank Travelgal621111