“Very good pizza”

Pizza Chef
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Not the best looking place but super good pizza. Very surprised.
Place was clean and service was fast.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was looking for somewhere to lunch during a very long trip to central Maine and stopped in Windsor, a very quiet and almost empty town on a Monday. After looking on a very bad looking Chinese restaurant, the "Yummy Yummy", I spotted the Pizzeria just few steps south. This was a great surprise of simple and affordable Italian food. The place is just another American pizzeria, but the food was delicious. I tried the very American spaghetti and meatballs. The pasta was perfectly al dente, the Neapolitana sauce with a lovely trace of basil and the meatballs tender. My daughter asked for a Pepperoni Pizza and I don't know what was better on it: the cheese, the pepperoni itself or the crust. I love these palaces that suggest nothing special in the setting but are hidden culinary marvels along the way

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I was in the area visiting my sister and she suggested Pizza Chef for a takeout pizza. I went to pick it up and as soon as I walked I could tell it was run by Greeks, who in my opinion, make the best pizza. I was right and I would order another one next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great place to sit and have a pizza and a beer. Excellent pizza. Salads are great. Really good choice of hot and cold subs.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

They have the best pizza in town but then we have only 2 pizza places in this tiny burg. We always get a pizza and mandarin grilled chicken salad because they are a winning combo. Staff is always very friendly and helpful. Appears recently redecorated which was needed badly. Have been using the take out for the 9 yrs we have lived here.