“Good, good, good!”

Harpoon Brewery
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I ended up at the brewery more for my husband, admittedly... but I feel like I ended up having a better time than he did. Absolutely delicious beer (there is nothing like fresh draft, yum-o!). We initially wanted a brew tour and one was supposed to be given on the day we were there, but we were told that there was some sort of miscommunication with the production crew and it didn't happen. Honestly, it didn't even matter because we were still able to pop in and see all of the action very well, plus were given free tasting glasses and allowed to sample an array of great brews. Casual pub fare. We just had some fries and onion rings, but that's all I can really ask for/want when I'm enjoying great beer. I also loved the fact that it just wasn't all that busy whilst we were there. Tasty, fun, surprisingly inexpensive. It made for a wonderful day and great experience. I would definitely go back!

1  Thank MaBoogins

Reviewed October 13, 2013

First the beer is awesome so that alone was worth the visit for me. The food however was about the worst I have ever had. We ordered pulled pork nachos and the bratwurst with garlic mashed potatos. Good heart beer food...or so we thought.

The nachos were nothing more than a handfull of chips with five pounds of cheese wiz on top. Too damm cheesey and messy to eat even if you are starving (as we were). My kids could make better nachos. This clearly took someone about 5 seconds to prepare.

The bratwurst and mashed potatos all came in a big bowl drenched in gravy. This is good for the potatos but no so much for the bratwurst. After this we gave up on the food (two strikes) and enjoyed a few beers.

I am probably the least fussy eater on the planet but our food was clearly lacking in quality and tatste. I hope others have better luck.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

OK, Ok they're fries but....I'm English .....Great place - shame it closes so early. Basic bar food - but fresh and great fries.. Lovely beer including real draught cask ale and we went on a thursday - didn't know about the music but there was great guitarist/singer and in the second half he was joined by a banjo player. He was great too! Everyone very friendly. RECOMMENDED.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I came up here with three other friends, two who had never been on a beer tour before. We went on the beer tour, which was a great experience. This was my 4th brew tour, yet it was unique enough to stand out. Great for first timers or for those who have gone on tours before. It only cost 5 dollars, yet you were able to sample during and after the tour and received a Harpoon sample glass.

We went to the bar when we first got here, which was the best part of our experience by far. Our bartender Josh Dunne was the best. He really connected with us and got to know our taste preferences. He even poured a few of his own "blends" of different beers they had on tap. He catered to eat our of our taste preferences on this.

Overall Harpoon was definitely worth a trip from western Mass. The tour was entertaining and our beer experience was perfect. If you go ask for Josh Dunne, he will be sure to hook you up!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

It's been a while since I was back in VT, so we stopped by the Brewery for dinner. So pleasantly surprised that they completely updated the place--and it is fantastic. All about the beer and ambiance, which is how a bar of a brewery should be. Thursdays nights are live, free music. They play covers with a trio of instruments including a banjo. The music is pumped into the outdoor space, so you can enjoy the fire pit and the music at the same time. Make sure you get there early though--the tables fill up and it is only open until 9 p.m.!

1  Thank Erin328