“This place was great!”

the vittles stop bbq
Ranked #8 of 18 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Home Of The New England Style BBQ of Vermont .We carry mouth watering sandwiches such as pulled pork, brisket, hamburgers, and hot dogs. Did you say Ribs we won't say there the best but we challenge you to try them and to let us know where we can find better ribs in the area. Our chicken is rubbed in array of spices and herbs grilled to perfection and topped with our home made sauce. Also watch for our daily specials on our web site. We have a picnic area for you to sit relax and enjoy your meal, or you can pick up and take them home Either way we'll be out back at the smoker waiting for you so come on by pull up a chair for we love to talk Q.
Hartford, Connecticut
“This place was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We saw reviews on this place and decided to stop here while on vacation. The ribs were the best I ever had and the pulled pork was awesome.
This place is worth the stop if you are in VT.

• Visited June 2013

Claremont NH
“Oh Lord its good BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

The little roadside places always have the best BBQ and The Vittles is no exception. Excellent smoked ribs, awesome bark on them. I'm too sissy for the really hot BBQ sauce but the mild was amazing. One member of our party got a Northern Burger and it was a massive burger and just the kind we have been looking for. Its a short drive from Claremont and well worth the drive. We Will Be Back and we won't get lost this time.

• Visited May 2013
STEWARTSVILLE
“ALittle Bite of the South in Windsor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I ventured up to the Juniper Hill Inn for a three-day weekend. Before heading up there, I looked for restaurants in the area on TripAdvisor. The Vittles Stop got good reviews, so I thought we would make it a point to stop in for a meal. My husband was not so convinced that having bbq in Vermont was such a good idea; I am the more adventurous one, so we made it to The Vittles Stop and we are both glad we did. It is just a litte place set back off the road, you might miss it if you drive too fast or look the other way when passing by, but don't miss it because the food was fantastic.. We met the owners, a mother and daughter team, and they were very personable and hospitable. We each had a large meal (whatever the special was that day for $6.99) and we could barely finish all of the food. The meat is cooked over an outside pit and it was tender and delicious. The sides were just as wonderful; I had baked beans, cornbread and the best cucumber salad I have ever had, outside of my own mother's. We sat at one of their picnic tables that were roadside and took in the sites while eating a very good meal. If you are in the mood for good bbq, make it a point to stop in at The Vittles Stop, you won't regret it.

1 Thank njvacationjunky
Western North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

It was fun and the food was good. Do stop here! You cant miss it, just follow your nose. Get whatever just finished cooking... but everything looked great and those dining around us seemed to be happy as we were!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank WNCfarmer
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is hands down the best BBQ I have ever had..and I have had a lot of BBQ. I'm sitting here eating my rib combo as I'm writing this and I just can't believe how good it is.

I'm the type of person that values simple BBQ--not meat drenched in sauce that overpowers it but meat that has a nice smoky flavor and is falling off the bone. This is all that and more. I had the rib combo, which is a quarter rack of ribs and your choice of another meat. I tried the pulled pork, which I highly recommend. Way too much food but so good it's hard to stop eating. Corn on the cob is equally amazing (so moist and flavorful with a little bit of char from the grill...how do they do that?!). Food is reasonably priced and atmosphere is second to none--a good old fashioned BBQ shack on the side of the road. You can see the smoke billowing from a mile away! Yum!!

1 Thank Akirby99