“A Nice Surprise”

the vittles stop bbq
Ranked #8 of 18 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Home Of The New England Style BBQ of Vermont .We carry mouth watering sandwiches such as pulled pork, brisket, hamburgers, and hot dogs. Did you say Ribs we won't say there the best but we challenge you to try them and to let us know where we can find better ribs in the area. Our chicken is rubbed in array of spices and herbs grilled to perfection and topped with our home made sauce. Also watch for our daily specials on our web site. We have a picnic area for you to sit relax and enjoy your meal, or you can pick up and take them home Either way we'll be out back at the smoker waiting for you so come on by pull up a chair for we love to talk Q.
Western North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Nice Surprise”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

It was fun and the food was good. Do stop here! You cant miss it, just follow your nose. Get whatever just finished cooking... but everything looked great and those dining around us seemed to be happy as we were!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank WNCfarmer

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ ever!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is hands down the best BBQ I have ever had..and I have had a lot of BBQ. I'm sitting here eating my rib combo as I'm writing this and I just can't believe how good it is.

I'm the type of person that values simple BBQ--not meat drenched in sauce that overpowers it but meat that has a nice smoky flavor and is falling off the bone. This is all that and more. I had the rib combo, which is a quarter rack of ribs and your choice of another meat. I tried the pulled pork, which I highly recommend. Way too much food but so good it's hard to stop eating. Corn on the cob is equally amazing (so moist and flavorful with a little bit of char from the grill...how do they do that?!). Food is reasonably priced and atmosphere is second to none--a good old fashioned BBQ shack on the side of the road. You can see the smoke billowing from a mile away! Yum!!

1 Thank Akirby99
Ottawa, Canada
“Very good BBQ!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were in Windsor Vt for the Harpoon Brewery BBQ and decided to stop at the "Vittles Stop BBQ" in town to get a head start on some BBQ. It's a little take-out spot that has some picnic tables out front.

We had the ribs with coleslaw and cornbread. The ribs were very good. They were tender and pulled away from the bone - cooked right!! There was a good amount of smoke on the ribs and the sauce was good! The coleslaw was very tasty. We asked and the coleslaw is made on site - recommended. The cornbread was moist, had a good corn taste with pieces of corn in the bread. We tried a small piece of their brisket, and this is definitely what I'll be ordering next time!!

The owners / BBQ'ers are very friendly and put a very good product out there. If you like BBQ, give it a try. I have no doubt you'll enjoy it!

• Visited July 2012
Hudson, MA
“yummy!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

tons of food for the money you pay...it was tasty and the cumcumber salad is awesome!

Visited July 2012
ct
“BBQ that can't be beat”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

If you are into BBQ, you should not miss this place. If you are not big on BBQ go here and find out what it really is. Great food, nice people - great deal. The selection of sauces are excellent - the "sissy" sauce is a geat balance of hot/sweet.

Next time back in the area this is a must stop. Maybe we can take the training wheels off this time!

• Visited June 2012