“Great Service!”
Review of Snapdragon Inn

Snapdragon Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Windsor B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at the Snapdragon Inn for three nights and greatly enjoyed the hospitality that Michelle and the team provided. We used the Inn as a base to visit local attractions, including the towns of Woodstock, Manchester and the local Harpoon Brewery and Simon Pearce glassworks.

At the Snapdragon, any request was immediately attended to, and Michelle made the stay very enjoyable. She got us into the Windsor Station Restaurant, which is a new restaurant in town with about 5 minutes notice. On another evening we had purchased wine and cheese for a "stay in" dinner, and the dining room was closed off for us, and candles and flowers set up to make for a romantic dinner in a lovely setting. Chocolate chip cookies, which were absolutely delicious, were provided every evening in the lobby. The room (we stayed in Room #8) was nicely appointed with a very comfortable king sized bed, a good shower in the bathroom, all spotlessly clean. We got to peek into Room #9 after it was cleaned and the previous guests had left, and that is the room I would book for next time. Lovely tub and good location at end of the hall. The only complaint we had, and it is absolutely not the fault of the Inn in any way, is the train whistle mentioned in another review.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kjp2001

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had a lovely time at the Snapdragon! The rooms were beautifully appointed -- lots of 'treats' in the bathroom, yummy maple sugar candies, the fluffiest bathrobes in the world. We loved the chocolate chip cookies waiting for us as we returned from exploring the local trails, the Windsor area for shopping and sightseeing, and restaurants. (Michelle's excellent recommendations included good maps, sample menus, and a post-visit follow-up to make certain we were happy with our choices.) Breakfasts were substantial, with hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereals, fruit, and local breads and coffe cakes an unexpected delight well beyond 'continental.' Access to coffee and tea was available in the dining area throughout our stay as well -- much appreciated.

Room Tip: The flight of stairs to the second floor is quite steep -- choose a room on this floor to avoid the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This gorgeous, modern B&B was the highlight of our first Vermont trip. I can't recommend this place more! If you are wanting a fantastic stay then you HAVE to stay here. I have travelled all over the world and this has been my favorite place to stay the night. Thanks to the Inn keeper, Michelle. She is so great!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank EmiliaAnne
Reviewed September 18, 2013

What a wonderful place and so easy to use as a base for the area. I will echo all that has been said before and say you must try it one day. I must thank Michelle for making my stay memorable and Kathy for getting me in.
Two small points one of which the Snapdragon may resolve in time and the second they can do nothing about.
The one they might get to resolve and that is there is no cooked breakfast which suited me as I am a toast and cereal man and this was more than fine, but some people like a hearty meal to set them up for the day.
The second point they can do not a thing about is the train around 4am when the driver must take a sadistic delight in tooting his horn several times as it passes through Windsor. Grrrrrrrr!
The pluses for The Snapdragon far outweigh my minor moans and it really is the ONLY place in Windsor to stay.
Several thing I especially liked were the friendliness of Michelle and the feeling of history whilst staying there.

Room Tip: I had room 3 and it was perfect. It is opposite the main road and the railroad, so if a light sleepe...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank The Ferengi
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I found the Snapdragon by accident while looking for somewhere to stay while filming events at the Tunbridge Fair. We were blown away by how beautiful and homey it was. It had the perfect mixture of intuitive guest amenities like DVDs and books in the library to a shaving kit in the room (saving us a trip when my husband forgot his).

We had a late check in but the host left our key, cookies and a hand written note on the front room table as well as menus for local restaurants so we could get dinner.

The room was comfortable, the house warm and inviting and the staff were so easy to talk to and yet not overbearing. Also it came with a wonderful continental breakfast. The food was great but if you're looking for eggs, bacon, sausage etc it won't be there, but what is there is wonderful!

We could only stay one night for work but would love to go again. The host let us know about kayaking, hiking, harpoon brewery and other summer events as well as dog sledding in the winter! This is a hidden gem and well worth the trip.

We booked a deal on bookings.com that got us the room for 1/2 the cost, otherwise it is a little more expensive but still worth the price. So much extra comes with these rooms and the ambiance of the house it's better than any chain!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shumways
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I can't recommend this place highly enough. The rooms at the Snapdragon Inn are the perfect retreat. I live one town away yet have stayed at the inn several times - for special occasions, while having renovations done on my home, and every now and then just because. The atmosphere of the Snapdragon is modern yet classic. It is serene. The beds make me stupidly happy and the heated bathroom floors? So fantastic. My most recent stay was in room 6. The decor in this large room is lovely. The exposed chimney in the bathroom has its own charm. I shouldn't forget the far-better-than-most continental breakfast. This past weekend they served their "famous" cinnamon coffee cake, fresh blueberries and strawberries, yogurt, granola, cereal, and more. Delicious. Make your reservations now - you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I went to Vermont at the end of August because I've always wanted to go there. We stayed at the Snapdragon Inn in Windsor and were not disappointed. It exceeded my expectations! We stayed in Room 7 which was a large, comfortable room with a clean, spacious bathroom that featured a tub and a separate shower. The tile bathroom floor was heated which made it so inviting! The Inn is a historical landmark in the community which made the whole experience so interesting. It is close to the places we wanted to see...Sharon, Vermont is about 20 minutes away. The King Arthur flour plant was very close-great place for lunch and unique kitchen utensils. Dartmouth College was close as well. The drive through Vermont is gorgeous! We plan to go back next fall when the leaves are turning. We enjoyed our stay immensely and highly recommend the Snapdragon Inn. MThompson

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
506 On The River Inn
Windsor Mansion Inn
#2 of 4 in Windsor
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort
The Village Inn of Woodstock

Been to Snapdragon Inn? Share your experiences!