“Relaxation With Modern Comforts”
Review of Snapdragon Inn

Snapdragon Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Windsor B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2013

What a perfect way to spend a relaxing anniversary weekend! This beautiful inn has effortless charm with a tasty breakfast and friendly staff. It's the perfect way to escape without going into the dark ages. With WiFi, a TV and BluRay player, we were able to relax without being entirely stranded. The inn was a short drive from fun outings like the Harpoon Brewery and the Ben & Jerry's Factory. It was also right next to a beautiful area called Paradise Park and my husband and I enjoyed hiking around the area. I would definitely recommend the Snapdragon for your next relaxing weekend!

1  Thank Rachel M
There are newer reviews for Snapdragon Inn

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I were traveling to Windsor for our friends surprise 40th Birthday. The Snapdragon was the selected accommodation and site of the venue. I can't begin to tell you how beautiful our room was as well as Michelle and her family. The day we arrived all my husband said was I'm really hungry, next thing we know Michelle has some fresh strawberries, farm fresh eggs, water and a bottle of Moscato. We also had the privilege of meeting Michelle's sister-in-law, Chris who filmed the surprise for me on my I-pad and her husband Mike, who drove us to the airport at 4 in the morning. These people are now considered to be my long lost family in Vermont.
We stayed in room 9. I had mentioned to Michelle on the phone when I called to reserve a room that on Sunday was our 12 year anniversary . This room was referenced as the honeymoon suite. The bed was so comfortable, along with the bathrobes and the fresh updated amenities with a historical feel. The conversation was relaxed like speaking to an old friend or family. The breakfast was fresh and healthy including the modern coffee maker, that my husband had to google in order to make me a cup of coffee, he is a very early riser.
I will recommend this to all my friends and family who want to get away and make new friends or visit family to consider visiting. Please know that if you do it will be very memorable and you will be back to visit your long lost friends for years to come. I can't wait to go back, thank you Michelle and family for being you so sweet, along with having a beautiful Inn to match your kindness.

2  Thank Debra D
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I loved every minute of our stay at the Snapdragon Inn! Breakfasts were healthy and delicious, the service was top notch in every respect!

The bed was so comfortable that we slept in -something we never get a chance to do! It's located close to many things to do including the King Arthur Flour Center for all us "Foodies!"

We'll be back!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor with a king size bed and huge soaking tub - very romantic!
1  Thank Pam S
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I purchased a Groupon deal for a 2 night stay plus a spa treatment (50 minute massage) for a little birthday getaway and I/we couldn't be happier. The inn is a beautiful, brick, Georgian building with interesting details inside and out. It was easy to find and in a good location to venture out into the little towns that make up most of Vermont.

My fiance and I arrived a bit later in the day, around dinner time, and were warmly greeted by the innkeeper, Michelle and a fresh tray of cookies! She asked if we had been to the area and if we needed any recommendations for dinner and activities, which we did, and took her up on the Skunk Hollow Tavern (it was excellent.) She also made sure to show us the downstairs - sitting room/library & dining, and let us know what time breakfast was before we went up to our room. Michelle even scrounged up some late night (read, 9-10 pm) places to eat up by Dartmouth from her magical binder.

The room (#2, check the website for pics) itself was absolutely huge and the queen size bed looked small in there! Sadly, the fireplace wasn't operational, but it was pretty. There was radiant heating in the bathroom, a big claw foot tub and a shower, quite large. L’Occitane products made it feel even more luxurious - bath bombs/fizzies included! The bed/bedding was immaculate and was definitely one of the most comfortable I've slept on in my many travels. (Side note - no heavily perfumed laundry soap or fabric softener used, which us allergic people very much appreciate.) TV was nice and wifi worked great - though we didn't use either of them much as we were out and about mostly or lounging in the tub.

When it came time for breakfast, there was an amazing and delicious selection of food - not your typical B&B fare. There was fresh bread, bagels and cream cheese/butter, 3 types of cereal, scones, muffins, variety fruit, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. The coffee and tea station was available for use all throughout the day, so if you needed an afternoon caffeine fix, you were all set.

The spa is actually just a converted room on the 2nd floor, so it was pretty easy to get to :). My massage was well executed and the masseuse was nice to talk to. I'd definitely book another one. The only thing I'd recommend is to maybe put a folding screen or a false wall to separate the spa space from the entry door, it feels a little too open and made it slightly difficult to relax - very minor issue.

I will definitely be back and be recommending this Inn to anyone who wants to hear about it. Michelle and those working with/for her are wonderful, warm people who truly care about their guests and their business. Thank you for a wonderful birthday stay!

Room Tip: Get a room with a tub - it was DIVINE. We were in Room 2, it faced the parking lot/main road/front l...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kate A
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I were desperate for a weekend away (young kids, demanding jobs, etc). This place was everything we could have asked for and more. It was immaculate and clean, beautifully decorated, comfortable, fresh, and welcoming. Michelle was so helpful...she helped us find places to eat and things to do in the area and she even helped us plan our return trip with our 2 yr old. I cannot recommend this inn enough. If only I could move in...

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lindsayducharme
Snapdragon I, Owner at Snapdragon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

I'm so glad you were able to manage a getaway, and thrilled you decided on Snapdragon Inn. It was great to get to know you both and we are really looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband arranged our weekend getaway in this amazing bed and breakfast to celebrate my birthday. It was a surprise for me but when we arrived late Friday night, this place stole our hearts. It is such a cute BnB with all the Modern facilities that you could imagine. The bed was so comfy and the bathroom had heated titles. They even had flat screen tv with blue-ray player with lots of choices of movies. It was amazing to find this kind of service. We have stayed at several high end hotels but this place beats all. The breakfast was all fresh and healthy choice such as Greek yogurt, fresh fruits, homemade muffins/king Arthur scones, eggs and so on.. It was just what you would wish to start your day. The inn keeper Michelle was the sweetest women. She was always there with ideas for things to do or suggestions for places to eat. She had this file of maps and small towns around Windsor. We found her very resourceful. We would like to definitely try and come back in the fall since the surrounding area seemed very pretty and must be prettier in fall. We stayed in room # 8 and was an amazing experience. Thank you Michelle and snapdragon for making my bday and our weekend memorable :)

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank bebo23

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here at Snapdragon Inn, your feedback means so much to us. I'm so glad you choose our Inn for such a special weekend away, and all of us here at the Snapdragon Inn love being behing the scenes on a good surprise. We can't wait to see you back here in the Fall, one of the best things about Vermont is there is so much to look forward to in each season. I think I hear a picnic on the back porch while taking in the Fall colors calling your name!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just returned from a glorious long weekend at the Snapdragon Inn. The Inn is beautifully restored maintaining the charm of the home's heritage, but also includes modern amenities such as radiant heat in the bathroom floors, luxurious bedding, and flat screen televisions in the rooms. Soft music played while we enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the sunny dining room - including local favorites such as King Arthur Flour scones, yogurt from Green Mountain Creamery, and fresh fruit. After our day out, we returned to such a beautiful atmosphere - candles flickering, the fire in the wood stove glowing, the chandeliers sparkling. I did enjoy a relaxing bath in the beautiful claw foot tub, and definitely plan to take advantage of the spa services next time! But what really made our visit special was Innkeeper, Michelle. She made sure we always had lunch and dinner plans, provided us with ideas for activities, day trips and scenic drives, and printed out driving directions. Michelle knew I loved the chocolate chip cookies that are served throughout the day, and gave us a few cookies fresh out of the oven to take up to our room when we returned to the Inn one evening! She is truly concerned that her guests are comfortable and makes each one feel welcome through her special touches. We will definitely, without a doubt, be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank julielovely
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Kedron Valley Inn
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort
The Common Man Inn
The Common Man Inn
#1 of 1 in Claremont

Been to Snapdragon Inn? Share your experiences!