“Beautifully restored, cozy retreat.”
Review of Snapdragon Inn

Snapdragon Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Windsor B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 23, 2011

This inn is in a house that was previously owned by family of mine for many, many years. As a kid, I was in and out of this house as well as the other homes on the "estate." I was a little nervous about staying in it as a guest, and not as family, and also to see what had been done to it.

I couldn't have been more pleased. The restoration was lovingly done, and the house has never looked better. The atmosphere is elegant, but understated, just as an old Puritan house should be. :-) Simple decor allows the beauty of the floors and the building itself to shine forth. As I told the innkeepers, I was so happy to see that it didn't look like a Laura Ashley catalog had exploded therein.

The rooms are extremely comfortable. In fact, with the windows open, curled up in the cozy, cozy, plush bed, I almost didn't want to get up. I did, however, and enjoyed coffee and delicious homemade coffeecake on the back porch. Both nights, I enjoyed a hot bath in the clawfoot tub.

The innkeepers are warm and welcoming, and I had a delightful stay. Cousin Bert, I think, would be pleased.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank JCE_Durham

Reviewed June 13, 2011

My recent stay at the Snapdragon was close to perfect. The property was the ideal setting to meet old college friends for an impromptu "reunion". We were able to make great use of the library and fantastic back porch as we caught up on each others lives.
Walks to the adjacent Lake Runnemede and evenings spent spotting fireflies were the icing on the cake.
Make sure to enjoy the excellent continental breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank masslass32
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Who could have guessed that such a lovely, old home could provide such quiet, inviting luxury? My stay was made perfect by the helpful staff and their recomendations for sights and eats. The feather beds were pure heaven and the peaceful porches provided all the relaxation I needed, but a few steps to a beautiful, quiet lake or down a small village street with shops and authentic New England atmosphere kept me busy when I wanted.
Great inn. Great people. Great town.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank geraldz44
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Our stay was just what we needed. It was the perfect escape from NYC to an idyllic New England town. The rooms were rooms were beautifully renovated with a modern touch and the AC was fantastic! The inn keepers were fantastic hosts and made you feel right at home. We were just minutes from tubing/canoeing and Saint Gaudens National Historic Site was only a 10 minute drive away. We're definitely coming back for a return visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank styraciflua
Reviewed June 1, 2011

My husband and I had our eye on this place for a while and I'm so glad we got a chance to stay there over Memorial Day weekend. I was floored by how beautiful this inn was. The entire place was gorgeously renovated with tasteful details and our room was totally luxurious with an amazing bed, first class linens, nice light, powerful A/C, and a beautiful bathroom. But, the best part about this place were the warm and friendly innkeepers. They made us feel right at home. And breakfast was delicious! I highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mim85
Reviewed May 29, 2011

The Snapdragon Inn exceeded my expectations! The rooms are beautifully appointed, spacious and light. Incredible bathrooms with great toiletries and bathrobes. Such a wonderful stay... wish I could have camped out for weeks in my room! :)

Thank you for an incredible stay!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank roaminbear
Reviewed April 4, 2011

The Snapdragon Inn way exceeded my expectations. Windsor is a tiny Vermont town, and the Snapdragon Inn offered luxury and comfort not usually found in such a small place. The Inn has recently been renovated and I have to say they did an impecable job. Rooms are very tastefully decorated and the beds are luxuriously dressed with feathers beds and down comforters. Nate and Michelle are very friendly and helpful without being intrusive or nosey. I've already booked a second stay and highly recommend the Snapdragon to anyone traveling through!

Room Tip: A few rooms have clawfoot tubs-great for soaking!