“Oh how I had wished it was just a bad dream”
Review of Inn at Quail Run

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Inn at Quail Run
Ranked #7 of 10 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2007

No people skills, surly and ungracious. I have no idea how they stay in business. Good luck!

Stayed: April 2007
8  Thank Chippy1975

Reviewed July 1, 2007

Wow, I have stayed at the Inn at Quail Run 3 times and wouldn't consider going anywhere else. I had just learned about this site and wanted to rate my favorite place. I guess I'm a little shocked at some of the comments here. I have gotten to know Vicky and her family, since thats pretty much how she treats all her guests. On numerous occasions on our visits there she would always go above and beyond and not just for us, the others who were there as well. Very friendly and warm people. My car broke down while I was there, she dropped everything she was doing and drove me shopping in the local village for a few hours. We even had a dog sitter while there, charming kids also willing to help out. I guess some people don't realize Innkeepers are people too! They are the best at Quail Run.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank travelnut2171
Reviewed March 2, 2007

A place we definitely would like to visit again. Upon arrival, we opened the door to a warm, comforting atmosphere, a fire burning in the fireplace of a large, spacious living room. On the table were fresh homemade cookies, chocolates and delicious white chocolate dipped popcorn. The owner, Victoria and family were very pleasant and made us feel very welcome at their Inn. Our room was very nice, with a view of the mountains. We even had a gas fireplace to enjoy in the privacy of our room. The breakfasts were incredible, both the menu selection as well as the daily special. If you have never had Creme Brulee French Toast, it's a must have. All the selections were tempting, one dish better than the next. The Service was excellent, sitting at a table in a closed in porch looking out at the beautiful snow covered mountainside while we ate our breakfast. The other guests were equally as friendly, as Victoria made everyone feel at home. If you are looking for a place that is away from the noisy hotel scene, and prefer the comforts of home, this is the place for you. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and wish it could have lasted longer. The times we spent sitting and relaxing by the fire talking to Victoria and other guests was very enjoyable. We will definitely recommend this B & B to family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2006

Stayed at the inn under the previous owners, who were not happy campers. Thought I'd give the inn a try under the present owners and never got past the reservation phone call. The previous review mentioning surly hits it right on the head. A surprising number of innkeepers just don't have the people skills to be in the business. I think they just want to live in the country and be left alone. A somewhat hidden location a ways up a dirt road doesn't allow for any drive by business.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled solo
8  Thank 06902
Reviewed September 4, 2006

My sister was married in Wilmington this past weekend. Victoria, the owner of Quail Run, along with her husband and children, was the most accomodating hostess I have ever encountered. The three day weekend was overshadowed by rain and much cooler than expected weather. A Saturday night cook out with square dancing was planned to be held in the meadow at Quail Run. After everyone had eaten under a tent, Victoria invited all 90+ of us to come into the Inn and make ourselves at home! Then, in an unprecedented jesture of kindness, she allowed her lounge furniture to be moved aside and square dancing to take place inside! In addition to all of this, the rooms were great and the breakfast excellent. The Lawthorne family made everyone of us who were staying there, and we had taken all 14 rooms, feel very much at home. They are a lovely family and everyone was courteous and accomodating far beyond what could be considered required. The property is quite beautiful and I hope to return for a sunnier stay some day.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2006

Dreadful, passive agressive, disappears when there is a need. Never again, next time we ski, we will stay else where.

Stayed: February 2006
8  Thank reya
Reviewed February 4, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for a night with our dog, while we spent a day skiing at Mt Snow. We found the place charming, and a great retreat from the city. It was nice to be in a place where we could reconnect with nature.
Rooms were clean and cosy. They have very informal atmosphere, with a den where you can watch movies play board games, a table tennis table indoors, cosy common living area, and a quaint dining area where you can see the innkeeper cooking!
Food was excellent, nothing prepackaged, or out of a tin or freezer here. All fresh and homemade.
There were very few guests during the time we were there, so it felt like a nice quiet and private place.
It was great that it was a pet friendly place, because we didn't have to bother with dropping our dog off at a kennel etc. We just brought her with us, and I think she enjoyed the woods very much.

• Stayed: February 2006