See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 11, 2018

The toilet leaked a foul stench onto the floor. With all of that said, nothing was more foul than the woman owner. I doubt if we've ever run into a more horrible, nasty natured individual. There is absolutely NO appreciation for business, no civility, no class, a disgrace to the hospitality industry. I regret giving her a dime when I know other people in the area may appreciate the business.

Room tip: Please try to find a better place to stay.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Thor46, Owner at Viking Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

We have had the pleasure of owning The Viking for close to 40 years......NEVER in that time have I read such a nasty review. If you have such rude comments to say, you should at least have the courage to sign YOUR NAME and explain the situation.. *If you are the person who checked in and paid for 2 people, then put 4 people in the room...........well you're the one I have on our security camera and have reported to the local Police. I remember your threats of "You'll be sorry".......... Sorry for what? If you have any further remarks, keep them to yourself........We have a business to run...

Reviewed November 20, 2017

This property is old and falling apart. Don't Stay Here! Our 2nd floor room and porch were on slanting. It wasn't safe. We walked in the room & immediately killed 5 bugs.--2 spiders and 3 I couldn't identify.

Room tip: Choose another hotel. You won't sleep for all the bugs at this hotel.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bmom1990
Reviewed October 18, 2017

It does not matter what reason why you stop at this motel. What does matter is that the people that run the motel are kind and considerate. And given what was happening in my life at the moment, it is very possible that they kept me going to I could be there for my loved ones. Blessing to anyone.

Room tip: do whatever you need... stop worrying about your 'comfort' except whatever led you to there.
Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

Acceptable but not great. No soap or shampoo. No coffeemaker. Beach is very small and mgmt doesn't clean it all day. But if you want to go for a long swim, fine.
WiFi never worked despite complaints.
Good that you can walk to good food, attractions, Library WiFi in. Few minutes.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2017

Front desk person was very nice. In the process of remodeling. The room was a nice size, clean, yes, it did smell a little vintage. Thats ambience. The room included a refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker. No breakfast. Nice location. Recommended Dots restaurant which is within walking distance. Nice grass area for a picnic. You can park right in front of the motel. Nicely priced...

Date of stay: May 2017