“Love this place!”

Jerry's Deck Bar & Grill
Ranked #18 of 27 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Massachusetts
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

We've always eaten at Jerry's during the summer and early fall when you can sit on the deck that overlooks the river. The view is wonderful. The food is good American pub fare with generous portions. The chicken sandwich and the Portobello mushroom sandwich are excellent. Don't let the charge for water throw you. It's only 50 cents. Prices aren't cheap but it's a tourist town and if you are from NY this will seem reasonable. We’ve always had friendly service and it’s quick unless the place gets really crowded. The best casual dining in Wilmington.

Austin, Texas
“horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2008

My husband and I went there and were terribly disappointed. The food was not that good, the wait took forever. They charge you for iced tea refills( 2.50 each per small glass) and also for water. They don't let you know about the refills and are rude to customers. When you complain to management they say there is nothing they can do because it is their policy. I recommend avoiding this place.

new england
“Bad Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

We arrived at Jerry's just as a thunderstorm was starting to rumble. We asked for a seat as close to outside without being outside to take advantage of the fresh air on this very hot and stuffy afternoon. Given that over 75% of the restaurant was empty we figured our request could be granted. We were instead led to a small table just outside. Hoping the rain would hold off we sat. As we were ordering our drinks the rain started spitting, so we hopped to the large table right next to us, inside. The manager yelled, literally hostile, that we could not sit at that table (there were only two in our party) and that our inside choice was the small table in the sun next to the 3 other inside parties. Remember the restaurant is basically empty. It was 5pm in the afternoon and not likely to fill up fast. We objected to the uncomfortable table and unbelievably, were encouraged to leave. We walked out and had a very nice dinner down the street. I can't vouch for the food, but with an attitude like that I wouldn't want to find out.

NY
“The restaurant at Jerry's Old Red Mill Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2006

We were there during ski season, so the deck bar & grill were closed. However, the main restaurant was open and it was wonderful! We had the mussels in wine and garlic for an appetizer. I had the Prime Rib with mashed potatos and beans, and my husband had the NY Sirlon. There was a center salad bar with mixed greens where we prepared a ceaser salad. We finished our dinner with Ben & Jerry's ice cream; Fish Food. I know the table of four next to us had a wonderful dinner and experience, just as we did. I can't imagine anyone being dissatisfied with their meal here.

Oh, and we were part of the stay-ski-eat program, so our meal, with the exception of the appetizer and dessert, was included. Imagine, you order anything off the menu or special board as your inclusive meal plan. I think that that is pretty good right there!

I don't know about the outside deck and grill, but I am surprised to hear that it was not up to speed with the inside restaurant.

When in Wilminton, Vermont, I would definately give The Old Red Mill Inn a try.

Wilmington, Vermont
“No Free Water???”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2005

Jerry's Deck Bar serves burgers, steaks and seafood prepared on an outdoor barbeque while patrons enjoy enjoy the scenery of the Deerfield River. Jerry's, a part of the Old Red Mill, opens in late spring and closes after fall foliage. Seating, picnic bench style, is available both open air or under cover in a three sided shed equipped with overhead heaters which are welcome on chilly days and nights, especially during fall folliage.
The food is good but not exceptional, and based upon what's available in the area, perhaps a bit over-priced. A bar is available and you can generally find locals watching current sporting events while enjoying an afternoon drink.