“Preace and Quiet”

Add it.
The Clubhouse
Ranked #22 of 29 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Description: Most people don't think of the Clubhouse at Haystack Golf Club when they're thinking of a place to have breakfast or lunch, hence the lines that now surround the Cup & Saucer and which formerly were at Dots. Set overlooking Haystack Mountain and the ridge line of the Green Mountains in both north and south directions, the Clubhouse is a comfotable facility which can easily accomodate 60 or more people at a time, if not more, in a comfortable spacious building with seating both inside and out.The menu is varied, with appys, wraps, sandwichs and on Sunday, a fairly extensive brunch menu. Prices are comparative with those of eother valley eaterys, but none can touch the views one has. The service too is excellent.My wife and I have had brunch here twice. My wife is partial to their tunafish salad, while I find their omlets, made with a variety of options to be excellent.If you decide top try it and like it, please keep it to yourself. We wouldn't want it to become overrun with the likes of "flatlanders".
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Want a relaxing, unhurried lunch or Sunday brunch in s spacious venue, with outside seating overlooking the great views of Haystack Mountain and the Haystack Golf Course, then try The Clubhouse at Haystack Golf Club, off Mann Road in Wilmington.

Since Irene, the closing of Dot's and other breakfast eateries, my wife and I thought where we could have a nice relaxing lunch or Sundat Brunch without the noise, crowds and bedlam that prevailed at most Valley breakfast spots, including Dot's, and remembered The Clubhouse at the Haystack Golf Club where we had eaten years before. So we decided to investigate and try it. We were happy we did, and probably shouldn't share this here as I suspect thge place will become over run with second homeowners and valley vistors who want to get away from the noise and crowds that one encounters at other lunch and brunch places in the Valley.

Set in the Clubhouse of the Haystack Golf Club, its lunch facility is spacioius and usually empty. The room is comfortable but not crowded with additional ample seating outside on the decks where lunch and brunch are also served. The main atttraction are the vistas, inside and out, ofg Haystack Mountain and the ridgeline to the south and over the golf course. And to top it off, the food isn't bad and the service, though slow, is pretty good as well.

While the menu isn't that extensive, the offerings are sufficient and well done. (My wife raves about the tuna salad) while the omelets at Sunday Brunch are really top notch. Food prices are reasonable.

Its worth the drive away from Route 100 and up into the quiet of the Hills.