“Perfect Weekend with the Girls”
Review of The Nutmeg

The Nutmeg
Ranked #2 of 10 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Spent a great weekend with my girlfriends at the Nutmeg Inn. The staff at the Nutmeg Inn were very friendly, attentive and made the weekend so relaxing. Stayed in the suite ........... was perfect...... Went hiking and kayaking (all near by). Breakfast was delicious.... I still think about the food. I definitely recommend the Nutmeg Inn. It is the perfect getaway.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is my second time staying at the Nutmeg with Doug and Geo and if there were 6 rating dots they would get all 6! Our home away from home in Vermont. Looking forward to seeing you again soon - Sandy C.

Room Tip: They have a room type for everyone. Last year we stayed in a single room for just the two of us and...
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband and I spent the night last night so we could geocache in the southern end of Vermont. We wanted something in the area but not spend a fortune. The Nutmeg Inn was exactly what we needed. The rooms were adorable with a range of prices and amenities. We chose the least expensive since we knew we wouldn't be there long and just needed a clean room. Our room was very sweet and comfortable with a private bathroom. We enjoyed the glass of complimentary wine and great conversation with the staff, not to mention suggestions for dinner. The full breakfast was out of this world! The Inn was homey yet elegant/eclectic in decor but not at all stuffy. We would definitely go back if we visit the area again. We have stayed in a variety of B&Bs and this is one of our favorites. We posted pics on Facebook during our stay so we hope our friends will spread the word of this little gem. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: They range from family suites to queen beds, check the website for descriptions of each room. An op...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VTgeocahewife
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Spent a great weekend at the Nutmeg Inn. When I think of country inns, this is exactly what I have in mind. Everything is beautifully decorated and the rooms just give you the nice, warm feeling of being in the country. The staff is attentive, helpful and personable. And the breakfasts were absolutely delicious. This was a girls' weekend away, so we had one of the suites, which was comfortable and charming (and not in that "small" charming way). But I will definitely be back with my husband. Lots of very good places to eat around there, by the way. I will recommend the Nutmeg Inn to all my friends, without hesitation!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I don't know how I could add to the high reviews this wonderful place has already gotten. We enjoyed it so much that we stayed an extra 2 days, and we couldn't have been happier. My husband really missed Geo's cooking this morning, because we were really low on breakfast foods after our 10-day trip. We hope to go back in leaf season in 2013. What a great place! Would give more stars if I could.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

A wonderful stay over the recent Memorial Day weekend. The best ever! Doug, Geo, Wendy and the rest of the Nutmeg staff have a knack of making you feel right at home... we felt more like personal guests rather than paying customers. Comfortable common areas for gathering and visiting; complimentary wine/beer at 5:00. Great rooms, beautifully appointed, and the full breakfasts were excellent. Reasonably priced, too! We're already figuring out when we can return. So if you're visiting southern Vermont, don't even think about booking elsewhere. It's a slam-dunk!

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Our family of four had a very enjoyable stay at the Nutmeg Inn. The owners clearly care deeply about the Inn and make your stay relaxing and friendly without being overbearing. The breakfast service was top notch. I highly recommend this as a destination for families, or couples looking for a getaway. But don't listen to me... here's my 10 year old daughter's take (she should be their marketing director):

"The people here are the best!! It's the opposite of NYC, when you walk to your room and the person escorting you says "Here's your hotel room have a nice stay" and walks away. Talk about non-social. The people HERE, however, told us the history of Nutmeg Inn when we walked in. They were the best ever!
Have I talked about the food yet? Don't make me talk about it- it'll make my mouth water and I'll be wicked hungry. We only got a sample of their food- we only stayed for breakfast- and I was enchanted by the AMAZING quality. The French Toast (which was what I ate) had a warm, crispy outside and a creamy, soft inside.
GO TO NUTMEG INN NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!!!! Please?"

Room Tip: Our room was great (room 10)
1  Thank Coladah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Old Red Mill
#1 of 12 in Dover
Vermont House
Vermont House
#7 of 10 in Wilmington

Been to The Nutmeg? Share your experiences!