We stopped at the Red Shutter Inn for 2 nights in April. Our room ,the Wilmington, was tired (pretty scruffy carpet) and the housekeeping after we returned from a day out non existant (we had to make our own bed). The new owner seems keen but at dinner took a very long time to bring us a drink. Our meal was reasonably good and the breakfasts were excellent. For the price charged this Inn is seriously over-priced and the new owners do need to sharpen up their act and spruce the place up. Until they do then look somewhere else to stay in this pretty area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 1894 main house with an attached carriage house. Located on a knoll at the edge of the village.Main building has 4 rooms, a large suite,fireplaced living room,Lincoln library,pub,and fireplaced dining room that is also open to the public.Carriage house has 3 rooms and a suite.Guest rooms decorated individually -antiques,country furnishings,and a splash of the owner's travels.All rooms have private bath some with whirlpool tubs and gas fireplaces.Full breakfast is included in rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your The Wilmington Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wilmington Inn & Tavern Hotel Wilmington
- The Wilmington Inn And Tavern