One of the reasons I wanted to stay here is because I had been taken here as a child for family ski vacations and I had very fond memories. I was really excited that their website indicated an on-site restaurant. Unfortunately that restaurant has closed as the chef left to open his own place closer to a more populated area nearby.
This Inn was run by a very nice couple who were very accomodative.
That said, the suite I stayed in was "tired" at best with decor from the 1980's... a cracked bath sink... a low end rumbling fridge, poor room lighting from low end lamps, and the king bed had polyester sheets that slipped off the mattress.
Hallway doors are in need of painting and the carpet is worn and dirty I was totally happy I had slippers to wear...
The common area is limited to a small front room with a bar and a couple of chairs while the large back room remains empty at night. If not a restaurant why not let your guests enjoy the larger space?
Clearly in transition this Inn and needs some TLC...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 1894 main house with an attached carriage house. Located on a knoll at the edge of the village.Main building has 4 rooms, a large suite,fireplaced living room,Lincoln library,pub,and fireplaced dining room that is also open to the public.Carriage house has 3 rooms and a suite.Guest rooms decorated individually -antiques,country furnishings,and a splash of the owner's travels.All rooms have private bath some with whirlpool tubs and gas fireplaces.Full breakfast is included in rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Wilmington Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wilmington Inn & Tavern Hotel Wilmington
- The Wilmington Inn And Tavern