My husband and I stayed in one room, and my children in another. The rooms were great; beds and linens were hotel-quality. If I had to describe the experience, I would say hotel amenities with a B&B homey feel. Hotels tend to be limited in terms of places to hang out, but here there were so many seating areas, we never ran out of unique views or sunny spots to sit. My favorites were the bench by the kitchen-garden and the Adirondack chairs at the top of the lawn. My children spent one afternoon after biking the area just sitting on a blanket in the grass to read and relax. One night we stayed up talking at the bar in the common room, and another night we just played card games. John and Rachel and Jason and Alicia were excellent hosts. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, so morning was the best. They not only impressed us with the choices, but they surprised us with their early morning smiles after we had kept them up so late the night before, hanging out at the bar!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 1894 main house with an attached carriage house. Located on a knoll at the edge of the village.Main building has 4 rooms, a large suite,fireplaced living room,Lincoln library,pub,and fireplaced dining room that is also open to the public.Carriage house has 3 rooms and a suite.Guest rooms decorated individually -antiques,country furnishings,and a splash of the owner's travels.All rooms have private bath some with whirlpool tubs and gas fireplaces.Full breakfast is included in rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Wilmington Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wilmington Inn And Tavern
- The Wilmington Inn & Tavern Hotel Wilmington