All reviews the owner second floor grassy field beds were very comfortable ski resort warm hospitality fire pit his wife felt like home a great place to stay each morning town vermont furniture rates hiking tub
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2018

My friend and I (two young women) stayed at the Vintage Motel in July 2018 for 2 nights.
Our stay was very pleasant - the area is safe and quiet, the rooms are certainly Vintage, but very clean and have everything you need. We felt very comfortable and secure.
Parking is plentiful and available in the front and back of the motel.
There is a fire pit in the back.
In our room (two beds) the sink was in the main room (bathroom had shower and toilet).

Wilmington Center is a 2min drive down the road! Great base for hiking, and exploring nearby Brattleboro, Manchester and Bennington.

Riaz is the friendly owner who will make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible - hospitality at its finest!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2018

From the moment I stepped into the Vintage Motel, I was spell-bound. The carefully picked decor, the purple far wall with the sink and mirror, the fresh breeze blowing in the window--all of it was worlds away from the monotonous, impersonal hotel rooms I'm used to.

I collapsed onto the bed, and the first thing I noticed was that the comforter smelled like laundry right out of the dryer (you know they never wash those nasty comforters in most hotel chains). The second thing I noticed was how comfortable the mattress was. Riaz (the owner) later told me that when he & his wife bough this place, they slept in one of the rooms overnight & were horrified by the mattresses--their first big investment was purchasing mattresses for every bed that they would want for themselves. It shows! I slept like a baby every night.
It's called the Vintage Motel for a reason. Riaz has outfitted it with lots of vintage decor, but the building itself is a little vintage, too. I think it adds to the charm. But while there will be the occasional place where something looks a little worn, everything is spotlessly clean. Riaz and his wife really pour themselves into this place, & it shows.
While I love the motel itself, Riaz is what makes it 5 stars. He is a wonderful host, always ready to help if you need anything, but never inserting himself without invitation. However, if you have a little time to spare, ask him to tell his story. He is an amazing human being, full of grace and strength, and has lived through some incredible history. I loved meeting him so much, I want to put him on the Christmas list!
I highly encourage you to stay at the Vintage Motel. I expect, like me, that you will leave with warm memories, a deep peace, and a longing to return.

Room tip: Some slight noise/lights from road on front row--I slept well, but rooms in back would be quieter.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2018

The Vintage Motel is a great place to stay. Riaz is an excellent resource for information and a very gracious host. Rooms are nice and rates are good. I will definitely return whenever I am in the area.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

Good location, very clean rooms and comfy beds , great shower .
Could do with a renovation and the lobby/office is a mess , lots of clutter , but the owner is lovely, friendly and helpful.
Shame more care isn’t taken with the outside , dead plants etc as it’s a pretty motel.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2018

I stayed there for 10 days for some business 15-20 min away from the Grand Summit ski resort this last April and I really felt like almost home. the owner of the motel is a very nice gentleman who wanna make sure all the guests are comfortable. breakfast compare to the size of the motel was great! I will definitely will go back next time I am around.

Date of stay: April 2018