“Great Experience”

and 1 more site!
Vintage Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My wife and I recently spent the weekend here at the Vintage and it was fabulous. Staff wasa courteous, rooms were clean and well maintained as well.

Room Tip: From what we saw any room is a great room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joe f
There are newer reviews for Vintage Motel

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is the motel from hell.No hot water,room has a bad smell to it.The pool is covered with dirt hard to get cool in.AC did not work.Bugs is and outside of room.This place is run down and needs a lot of help.Drive down rhe road a mile or so and you will have a few good places to stay.If you are smart when you see the sigh keep going.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed here for the Tough Mudder in May 2012 because it was just about the only place we could find. The room had no air conditioning so we opened the windows and the screens were full of holes so the bugs came in. The decorating is pretty Vintage just like the name. Each wall in the room is painted a different color. There was a area carpet between the beds that the edges rolled and you tripped on it evey time you got off the bed. We tried to cancel our 2nd nite because we were not happy with the place. Management wouldn't let us cancel. Don't waste your time staying here. No hair dryers either. Bathroom sink is in the bedroom not the bathroom. Not very clean either.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joni C
Reviewed April 3, 2012

When it comes to lodging, skiers are very easy to please. All we want and need is a clean place where we can get a good comfortable night of rest and a decent breakfast in the early morning. I booked a one night stay for me and my 14 year old granddaughter at the Vintage Motel which is only about nine miles from Mount Snow. We had planned to ski Mount Snow on February 20th, the Presidents’ Day holiday. We even drove up the 4 hours on the evening prior, so that we could have a rested and very leisure start to our planned ski day the next morning. We were caught by surprise when we drove up to the Vintage Motel and found that there were no available parking spaces in front of any of the motel room doors. That could very well be expected on the eve of a major skiing holiday at a motel just nine miles away from all of the winter action. It was also a good sign that the motel was extremely popular. When we went into the motel office to confirm and pay for our one night stay reservation, we got our first disappointing sign. The female half of the ownership charged us slightly over $200 for our one night stay. This was supposed to be a $100 per night room (Notice below the July 28, 2011 review by “Boystowtraveler” who quoted one night stays at nearly half the amount that I quoted. That is an indication that in less than a year, the Vintage Motel prices have almost doubled). The owner fumbled around and fumbled around some more, and then mumbled something about a clerk, still not being able to find our reservation (which was made and held by a credit card). After awhile, she finally took my word that I made only a one night stays reservation. She credited my credit card for $100, thereby charging me the appropriate amount. By the time we settled the reservation discrepancy, the parking had opened up some and there was a space in front of our assigned room. As soon as I unlocked our room door, some weird sort of flying insect flew out of the curtains and landed on the wall. I swatted it with a newspaper before my granddaughter had noticed. I would have never gotten her to stay in that room if she had witnessed what I had had to kill. Then we looked around. The room was decorated in a garish red hue color. You would think that I had entered a turn of the century western bordello. I looked down near the corner of the foot of my chosen bed (where I had yet to have the chance to move the body of the recently killed flying monster) and found a pair tweezers. Now, when you find a pair of tweezers in a room, which may have been used by all types and kinds of people, the first thing that goes through your mind is, “Who in this room was tweezing what?” Whatever it was that they were tweezing, I don’t wish to go near it! I quickly kicked both the tweezers and the insect body under my bed where I could avoid stepping on them in my bare feet, and also where my granddaughter wouldn’t notice. This lays claim to the very real possibility that their cleaning practices are not cracked up to be what they should be. Happily the bathroom appeared to be clean, but much to my chagrin the bathroom sink was not located in the bathroom. It was in the sleeping area of the room, right next to my granddaughter’s bed. Who in the world wants to brush their teeth in the middle of shared sleeping quarters? The porcelain of the sink was also a sickening red color and the cabinet in which it was incased was covered in the same sickening red but flaking paint. I have to give credit where credit is due, with regard to the relative comfort of the bed and the ability to appropriately adjust the thermostat that controls the room heat. The Vintage Motel advertised the availability of a continental breakfast. We decided to get an early start and take advantage of the free breakfast. Here’s what we encountered: 1) a large variety of cold cereals but none had commonly known named brands such as “Cheerios” or “Special K”. They were all supermarket, discounted, generic, knock-off brands, that had pictures on the boxes that resembled the name brands, but you knew that they weren’t; 2) All the items such as milk and orange juice, that were supposed to be cold, were left out on a counter and all were room temperature warm; and 3) The available breadstuff seemed crusty due to being left out too long. After one sip of orange juice we packed up the car and fled that place as quickly as possible. A few miles up the road toward Mount Snow we found a charming little diner where he had a great breakfast. Only then were we well fortified for our ski day. Skiers are definitely easy to please, but the owners of the Vintage Motel appear not to have the foggiest idea as to how one would accomplish that.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank skijunkie32
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Very good deal for mount snow area. Town is just down the road. Rooms are good size and are also clean. The owners seem like super nice people. I would highly recommend the place. We stayed in the jacuzzi room. Much better deal than most hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the front
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Stay here if there is no place else to stay. The rooms are worn and not necessarily clean. The heat dial didn't work and the heat appears to be controlled by he owners. Brrrrr !! We froze.
The in room refrigerator is junk. No hair dryer which you usually expect to come with a room.
Not worth the $90 midweek.
The good: close to town and restaurants although many places were closed and out of business including the Vermont House (foreclosure) and Dot's Diner (storm damage).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This is a comfortable place to stay. The owner was very nice and helpful. The rate was great I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank enjoylife17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Old Red Mill
Paradise Inn
Paradise Inn
#5 of 8 in Bennington
Grand Summit Resort Hotel

Been to Vintage Motel? Share your experiences!