“Watch your change”

Add it.
Mexicali Grill and Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Food was good, nice salsa bar, watermelon salsa the bomb. Our waiter, Ryan was very good until I paid by bill, I gave him $60, bill was $44, he came back with $6 and left quite fast, well it's a good thing I counted it back, he short changed me $10, when I got his attention, he returned and asked what's wrong, I told him I was missing a $10 bill, he was quite fast to pull cash out of his pocket and give it to me, leads me to believe he was trying to pocket my change, so if you go eat there beware of your waiter.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

They have a great salsa bar with a great selection-that is self serve. I don't live self serve because it seems less sanitary this way.
My house margarita wasn't the best I've ever had. Chimichanga was very yummy. Appetizer sampler reminded me of a bunch of frozen items from sams dropped into a fryer.
The atmosphere was nice enough - I'd recommend the place if you wanted to get together with a bunch of friends for cocktails and light fare. Definitely not for the foodies!

1  Thank JessicaVivian8
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Was here earlier in the week w/a friend that I had not seen in several years. We both love Mexican food so figured this would be a different place, rather than our regular Mexican spots. We did appetizers and shared. The nachos were burnt, dried out cheese, no sauce at all, hard crunchy broccoli & veggies on top. I had to drink a pitcher of water to get them down. The other appetizer I believe was Rangoon. Deep fried & burnt to a crisp. One bite and the outside crumbled into 50 pieces on the place. The service was ok but over board. She came to our table at least 10 times. I felt like she just wanted us to leave when the restaurant was empty (I see why) & every table was available. I certainly won't return nor recommend.

2  Thank Freshnetworkvermont
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We love going to Mexicali with friends. The service and atmosphere is great. The food and drinks are good. We like the salsa bar where you can choose from a variety of tasty salsas. We have liked all the entrees that we have tried.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Been a few times how. Enjoyed my meal every time but nothing exceptional as far as Mexican food goes. Bar is large and service is friendly. Salsa bar is a nice addtion where you can select your desired salsa choices. Variety of margaritas and good selection on menu. Would go again and happy there is a Mexican restaurant in this area.