“Warning.....”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Williston
Montreal, Quebec
“Warning.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2008

I booked this hotel through Priceline and why it is listed under Burlington hotels I don't know--it's miles from Burlington.

Anyway, the main reason I'm writing this review is that I feel that the lack of security at this hotel puts its' past and future guests at risk. I arrived at 1:05 on September 1st 2008 to find the front desk empty. Expecting an agent would appear from "the back" I waited...and waited...and waited. I then peered around the corner to the general mgr's office...empty. I then walked across the lobby, into the kitchen...empty. I then yelled "Hello"...nothing.

Please bear in mind, all this time, nearly 15 minutes, the hotel's computer was unattended and information was clearly on display. Room keys and credit card numbers were available.

Believe it or not, it was the General Manager of the hotel who left the front desk, computer, and office unattended. When I called Marriott Corporate Headquarters the customer liason said that Marriott backed their managers 100%.

I don't know about you, but the blatant disregard for secure information displayed at this business was worrisome.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank fuzzyeti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Saratoga Springs, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2008

This hotel was great and exceeding our expectations in every way!

The lobby is gorgeous! The indoor pool is located just off the main lobby and was well-maintained and not too warm as we have experienced in other hotels.

Once we got to the room my daughter proclaimed, "this is luxury!" Well, it wasn't a five star suite, but it was very very nice. The decor was updated and current, the room was clean, the beds were so comfy! The bathroom was immaculate, and the refrigerator in the room was a great little bonus.

The service at the Courtyard williston was amazing. I can't believe we booked a room like this for $49/night through priceline!

• Liked — Everything! Great location, fantastic rooms, wonderful service
  • Disliked — That we couldn't stay longer!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2008

The location is about 10 min. or less from the Burlington,VT area which has a lot of great restaurants and shops. Housekeeping was a disappointment. They start cleaning the room about 9 or 10 am and the person that cleaned our room didn't give us more shampoo and conditioner and did not refill our toilet paper so we had to ask. Front desk people were friendly and helpful. The complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby is also nice.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Carlsbad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2008

We recently stayed here with a group (12 rooms over 5 days). This was a wonderful hotel and the staff was great. It is in a good location with many restaurants very close by. We stayed in a different hotel right in Burlington a few years ago with the same group and we enjoyed this location much more. I would highly recommend this Courtyard.

The beds/pillows were very comfortable and the rooms were very clean.

• Stayed June 2008
Montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2008

We stayed there for the weekend of Feb23th. The room it self was clean, except for the bathtub... It was full of soap residue... so no bath there. After cleaning the bathtub I was able to shower.
We can hear everything going on in the next room, the man in the next room was on the phone at 7:00AM I was able to follow is conversation without any problem. This is not what I call privacy.
Will I stay there again? No

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of privacy
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
barbp69
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2007

Came to check in early(11AM) and hotel was very accomodating. They even gave me an option of floor preference that early. Room was very nice and seemed fairly new. The new beds were VERY comfortable. One of the best nights sleep i have had in a long time. I even asked the staff what the brand of the mattress was. I went with my husband and we loved the pool and jacuzzi. Having the exercise room open 24 hours was also a plus.

The staff was very informative of local attractions and dining option. They recommended an italian restaurant close by that was great. Can't remember the name of it but was great food and not too expensive. They also recommended a good drive to see the foliage.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for either business or pleasure travel. The only thing I was not happy with was the coffee makers. It was only a single cup maker. Although, they did have coffee in the lobby for i think 24 hours. Staff also told me that they will be changing back to 4 cup coffee makers. Great hotel!!

Stayed October 2007
Mass
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2007

My friend and I stayed here in June, only for one night. From the get-go there were problems. We arrived early, at about 1:45pm, and there were only 2 or 3 cars in the entire parking lot. We walked in and I tried to check in. The front desk woman told me that check in wasn't until 3, so we should come back then. She didn't offer to check if the room was ready or not, she simply gave us an attitude and told us to come back later. Rude!
We came back at 2:40 and sat in the chairs by the front desk. The manager was then at the desk with the other woman, so the woman who was rude to us before suddenly became very friendly, and said, "Would you like me to see if the room is clean?" and of course, it was (and probably had been!). How transparent she was, being nice in the presence of the manager.

Anyway, our room was fine, two beds, a view of the dumpster. It was clean and the bathroom was spacious. We were simply very put off by the rude front desk woman.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravelinGirl64
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williston
Fairfield Inn Burlington Williston
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,257 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Courtyard Burlington Williston? Share your experiences!