“Great accomodations, good locaton”

Courtyard Burlington Williston
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed July 3, 2008

We recently stayed here with a group (12 rooms over 5 days). This was a wonderful hotel and the staff was great. It is in a good location with many restaurants very close by. We stayed in a different hotel right in Burlington a few years ago with the same group and we enjoyed this location much more. I would highly recommend this Courtyard.

The beds/pillows were very comfortable and the rooms were very clean.

• Stayed: June 2008

Reviewed February 25, 2008

We stayed there for the weekend of Feb23th. The room it self was clean, except for the bathtub... It was full of soap residue... so no bath there. After cleaning the bathtub I was able to shower.
We can hear everything going on in the next room, the man in the next room was on the phone at 7:00AM I was able to follow is conversation without any problem. This is not what I call privacy.
Will I stay there again? No

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2007

Came to check in early(11AM) and hotel was very accomodating. They even gave me an option of floor preference that early. Room was very nice and seemed fairly new. The new beds were VERY comfortable. One of the best nights sleep i have had in a long time. I even asked the staff what the brand of the mattress was. I went with my husband and we loved the pool and jacuzzi. Having the exercise room open 24 hours was also a plus.

The staff was very informative of local attractions and dining option. They recommended an italian restaurant close by that was great. Can't remember the name of it but was great food and not too expensive. They also recommended a good drive to see the foliage.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for either business or pleasure travel. The only thing I was not happy with was the coffee makers. It was only a single cup maker. Although, they did have coffee in the lobby for i think 24 hours. Staff also told me that they will be changing back to 4 cup coffee makers. Great hotel!!

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed September 18, 2007

My friend and I stayed here in June, only for one night. From the get-go there were problems. We arrived early, at about 1:45pm, and there were only 2 or 3 cars in the entire parking lot. We walked in and I tried to check in. The front desk woman told me that check in wasn't until 3, so we should come back then. She didn't offer to check if the room was ready or not, she simply gave us an attitude and told us to come back later. Rude!
We came back at 2:40 and sat in the chairs by the front desk. The manager was then at the desk with the other woman, so the woman who was rude to us before suddenly became very friendly, and said, "Would you like me to see if the room is clean?" and of course, it was (and probably had been!). How transparent she was, being nice in the presence of the manager.

Anyway, our room was fine, two beds, a view of the dumpster. It was clean and the bathroom was spacious. We were simply very put off by the rude front desk woman.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelinGirl64
Reviewed September 2, 2007

I stayed here from Aug 29- Sept 2nd, room 321.
The room looked very nice but the bed was horrible, so stiff, my husband and I had such bad backs. Everyone at the front desk was super nice.

On our 2nd day there, we left our hotel room at 11:10am, came back at 5:45pm, no one had cleaned the room. I called the front desk, housekeeping was gone, the poor guy had to leave his station to bring us towels. We had not left a privacy sign on the door, they just chose not to clean it? The next day when they did clean, they did not leave any new shampoo or body lotions. Again, I feel bad leaving a negative because the front desk staff was so nice and helpful. No fridges in the rooms but they kept my Cabotts cheddar cheese in their main fridge.

The hotel is not near anything. You must drive to get anywhere. I only stayed here because we named our own price for $68 a night. I would not come back.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2007

This is a clean, modern, comfortable road-side hotel, located just off Interstate 89, about 5 miles from Burlington. Although the hotel site itself is rural, there is a shopping mall with Starbucks and chain restaurants about a mile away. This is convenient if you want to have a meal without going into the city.

The hotel is right in the classic Courtyard sweet spot: more comfortable and better equipped than most road-side hotels but cheaper and without some of the amenities such as a full-scale restaurant that you would expect in a regular Marriott. There is a nice, small indoor pool and a pleasant lounge with a computer terminal available for guests' use. A generous hot breakfast buffet is available for about $8.50.

Our room had been recently remodeled, and everything was attractive and worked well. Given the quiet, rural setting, we especially enjoyed the sliding door onto a small, secure balcony. We encountered none of the problems mentioned in some recent reviews.

The only shortcoming was a curt, unwelcoming person at the reception desk. But even he was well organized.

• Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 23, 2007

I have stayed in many hotels for business and pleasure. I have also worked in the Hospitality industry so at times I can be a little more picky. But I have to say this hotel is one of the better Courtyards by Marriott I have stayed in. I would definately give it two thumbs up.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williston
Fairfield Inn Burlington Williston
TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa
Hotel Burlington & Conference Center

Been to Courtyard Burlington Williston? Share your experiences!