“Regular hotel - nothing fancy, nothing to complain about either!”

Courtyard Burlington Williston
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Williston
Ottawa, Canada
“Regular hotel - nothing fancy, nothing to complain about either!”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I stayed here for one night - July 31 to August 1. The hotel is clean and only about 10 minutes from downtown Burlington. I booked this hotel through Priceline and paid 70$ for the night. It was much cheaper than anything I could find in Burlington. It was clean, our room was big and very quiet. The hotel is located right off of the highway which makes it super accessible and convenient. They have a nice pool and hot tub and the desk staff was very nice and very helpful in giving us directions.

We did make one phone call to a local restaurant to find out what time they were closing at. This 5 second phone call cost us 50 cents. I know it's not a lot of money, but when you're paying 70$ to just sleep there, I feel like the price should cover local calls. The hotel is nice but I would not be willing to pay the regular fee of 160$/ night to stay there, it's nice but nothing special.

Other than that it was very clean, great service and free WIFI!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Montreal
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Nothing bad to say! The hotel is on a quiet area, very close to multiples stores & shopping center / restaurants. This is a reasonable price for this quality of hotel in the Burlington area.
Room & others areas are clean & fairly news. They have a wine bar where you can taste products. They offer you the first wine glass at 2$!
There is a breakfast area, an interior pool & spa. No lunch or dinner offered, but there is a mini convenience store in the hotel for candies, beer & sandwich.
Staffs were funny & always listen your needs.
Good choice in the area!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Tried to stay in Burlington, VT by the lake front but the hotels were very expensive. For nearly half the price we stayed a few miles out of town and were very happy with this choice. Right off the highway, the hotel was clean and had nice sized rooms. The only negative was that the pool seemed a bit small and thus was very crowded with kids.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Connecticut Yankee
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here two nights (June 9-11) while attending the Burlington Discover Jazz Festival. The hotel is located about 10 minutes from downtown Burlington. The property adjoins another Marriott property (a Residence Inn), where we had stayed previously--I prefer the Residence inn, which had a kitchen, but for this trip, the Courtyard was a better deal, so we stayed there instead.

The receptionist wasn't super friendly but nice enough. We had an issue with our tub not draining, and they promptly offered to move us to another room. We declined the offer (not wanting to give up our balcony!) and they fixed the tub the next day, more or less (was still draining a little slow but much improved).

The rooms are large and updated, and we had no complaints about the comfort or cleanliness of the room. The air conditioner was a little loud, but it was really nice having a sliding door that opened onto a balcony, enabling us to get some fresh air--rare in most modern hotels! The highway is located very close by, so our view wasn't much, but they had obviously put time and thought into some pretty landscaping, so we overlooked a nice garden area. With the sliding door shut, you could barely hear the highway, so the rooms are nicely soundproofed against outside.

I can't say it was a particularly outstanding or memorable Marriott, but nice enough--particularly if you get a good rate, like we did.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ecargo
Boston, MA
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the last three years, and each time I like it a little less. I started staying here because it's often much cheaper than hotels in downtown Burlington - because it's out in the middle of nowhere. So, I can't complain because you get what you pay for. But, if you want to go for a walk, or to dinner, or for a work out, you have to drive everywhere, which was frustrating - there aren't even sidewalks in the area.

The bed is pretty comfy, the small throw at the foot of the bed makes no sense, the area is quiet. And, I realize I'm working long hours but a breakfast that doesn't open until 6:30AM seems a little out-of-sync for a hotel targeting business travelers.

However, when I went to check out, the front desk was unattended. I waited a couple minutes, noticed some folks talking in the kitchen... Went back to my room to see if I could check out on the TV, which wasn't available. Came back to the desk... waited... Went back to the room, called the front desk and it rang... (8 minutes later now) I went back to the desk and then asked a waitress who was setting up the breakfast. Lo and behold the front desk attendant was in the kitchen the whole time! Yeah, I wasn't too happy.

If you're on the road and only want a quiet, inexpensive place to stop that's close to the highway - this place is great. If you'd like something close to town, restaurants, walking, etc there are better options. Going forward, it's time for me to pay the extra cash and stay downtown.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hilton, NY
Reviewed May 26, 2011

No complaints! Modern, very clean. It seemed quite new. The room was large & the furniture was new. 5 pillows on each bed?!?! The bathroom was small but it did have a dressing/sink area attached, but open to sleeping area. I prefer to have the entire dressing/bath area closed off from sleeping area so I can shower, dress & shave without disturbing companion--still not bad. No free breakfast, continental or otherwise. However they offered a full buffet breakfast for $9 or $10 or a decent continental breakfast for $6, not a bad idea. Got the room through Priceline for $75, making this hotel an excellent value.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 11, 2011

There are three Marriott properties located within 1/4 mile from each other, and I've had the dubious distinction at staying at all of them. For the business traveler, this is clearly the best of the bunch. Yes, the walls are a tad thin. I almost said "God Bless You" when the guy next to me sneezed, but apart from that, no complaints. Flat screen TV was nice. My only complaint was that the dark shower curtain blocked out the bathroom light which made the shower oddly dark, but that's it.

It's the only one of the three to have a working gym. It has a happy hour special with hott apps in the afternoon and my colleagues got coupons for $.50 beers, which you can't beat. And while it's true that you're not located in a picturesque setting, it's near the airport and right next to I-89, so ideal for getting in and out quickly. I had no problems whatsoever here and will surely return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williston
Fairfield Inn Burlington Williston
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston

Been to Courtyard Burlington Williston? Share your experiences!