“Pretty Good!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Pretty Good!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Contrary to last review, the service here is not terrible. It is not typical table service though. You order at the counter and get a number and then servers bring your food when it is prepared. The food is quite good, but the menu is limited and the emphasis is on baked goods, breakfast, soup, and sandwiches. A little pricey for the lack of real table service, and the tables are a little cramped, but the food is worthy.

Visited November 2013

Williston
“Not at all”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I went in on a Sunday morning. We checked here first to see if it was worth going. The service was terrible! The hollandaise tasted like it was either over cooked or from a package. My wife had the French Toast which was just ok. I think the local Ihop would have done better and not cost us nearly as much.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jacob M
Montpelier, Vermont, United States
“Above Average but Not Perfect”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Food:
I have gone there thrice now and each time the food is above average. To be fair I have only gone for their Sunday brunch but each time my plate has not been disappointing. My girlfriend's dish, portabella bennys, were good except that the eggs were over cooked.

Service:
There was only one time that I had an issue with and that was not with how late my food was, but with how I was brushed off so quickly when I asked if someone could check on my order. Normally when I see a restaurant being busy I know my food is going to be late.

So I set a timer on my phone and after 45 minutes (after waiting 30-45 minutes already) and waited. After my timer went off I went to look for a server to see what has happened to my order. Which resulted in being told that the restaurant is busy and my order is being made as fast as possible. But my own opinion was that my order was probably lost, which happens in busy restaurants.

In anycase, a great place to bring family and friends. The food is indeed good and the atmosphere is great there in my opinion.

• Visited November 2013
Vermont
“Delicious Food Does Not Come Cheap!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Have eaten here a number of times. Delicious food all around including scrumptious sandwiches and desserts. Service is always welcoming and attentive. Always seems a little bit expensive to me at about $9 a sandwich but quality does cost money! Definitely worth a spot and outdoor seating in the warmer weather.

• Visited October 2013
vermont
“Disapointed with breakfast...”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

While I can honestly say that the baked goods in the case look amazing, the eggs benedict breakfast fell short. First it was listed as being served on a croissant, but instead was served on some kind of roll. Perhaps they were out of croissants that day, but they should have informed me when ordering, because I would have ordered something else. Secondly, they included the smallest serving of hollandaise sauce I have ever seen. Just a little touch on the top which was not nearly enough for my favorite activity of dipping homefries into sauce. And the final nail on this coffin? The eggs were overcooked and the yolk was solid. Sorry, but the yolk is supposed to run out and mix with the non-existent hollandaise. I would have given it another star if the service had been good, but since it is basically a counter service/self service establishment, I can't give points for that. I will come again to try some of the baked goods (yes, they looked that good) but as far as breakfast goes, I think I will go elsewhere.

• Visited October 2013