“The food and atmosphere is awsome - service a little iffy - and my favorite lasanga is gone from the menu”
Review of three tomatoes trattoria - CLOSED

three tomatoes trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife and I visited here and the food and outdoor seating was awesome - but the attention from the waiter was a little slow - and my favorite lasagna is not on the menu anymore. I spent most of the meal running out of beverages and having to wait 15+ minutes for my soda to get either refilled or for the refill to make it too the table.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Through nearly 2 years of living in the area, 3T has been a reliable dinner destination. Yes, their menu has changed, becoming simplified. The antipasti is smaller for the same price (quite visibly), as an example. However, it is still a welcoming spot, with a friendly waitstaff and reliable (good) quality of food. Besides, where else do you have to ponder, when thinking of ordering house wine, wether you want a small or big chicken?
Disclosure: I only write reviews on a restaurant after 3 visits, unless something of the chart bad happened on visit one or two.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is sad. This was an excellent restaurant for many years but now is not worth the effort it takes to find nearby parking. The menu is a shadow of what it used to be, it has been drastically cut, and what remains has been diminished. The shrimp with Salmon and peas is now Salmon with peas for example. The menu is laminated plastic and reminds you of a Denny's, or a Friendly's menu. The final straw is that they have changed their once great Pizza Dough recipe. Now it is simply a doughy mess. Mediocre Pizza is available everywhere, don't waste your time and money here when you could have Dominoes deliver a comparable Pizza right to your door. I was told it was changed because the old ( and delicious thin crust dough ) dried out after a couple days and this was easier for them. WOW, they have lost sight of the mission. I hope you guys return to providing a full menu of good dishes and stop cutting corners and remember that the customer comes first. Just make the Pizza dough daily. I have had your frequent diner card for many years, but I honestly can say, I doubt if I will be back any time soon. I wish you luck and I hope you see the light.

3  Thank Tom1948
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Having had our ups and downs with Three Tomatoes but generally finding it overall pretty good, my partner and I were excited to see a Jump On It deal for $10 off. This visit, however, was probably the last of our 3T experiences.

When we first sat down, we noticed the menu had changed. Dramatically. Other than basic spaghetti pomodoro, there wasn't a single vegetarian option on the menu. Not kidding, not one. When my partner asked about it, our server (who was excellent!) told us that they had received a lot of feedback about it, and the only way around it was to request one of the dishes just be made minus the meat. My vegetarian partner agreed, and we decided to stay.

Her meal ended up turning out OK - nothing special. Fettucine alfredo with broccoli. The addition of mascarpone cheese to the sauce gave it a creamy, more complex taste, but the broccoli was overcooked to the point that it looked like it came from the freezer (and well might have).

I was very sad to see, however, that my 3 tomatoes stand-by, chicken toscano, had degraded to something barely recognizable as the original. What once was described as "sauteed chicken breast, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, sweet peas, mushrooms, garlic and marsala wine" has been shortened to "artichokes, peas, mushrooms, marsala wine". That degraded description absolutely matched the degraded food. The chicken was all dark-meat, simmered in a watery broth, with some peas and mushrooms thrown in. Extremely bland, tons of water left over, no tomatoes, unappealing. Seriously... I felt like I had just eaten chicken noodle soup with a fork and added quite a bit of salt, something very rare for me.

The service was the best part of the evening - our server was very understanding about the vegetarian changes, ended up charging us less than the alfredo dish would have been with chicken (clearly her own work-around to help us out... listed as spaghetti with red sauce on the check), and was absolutely a wonderful person.

$9 drinks, a more expensive menu clearly redesigned to cut costs, no thought given to vegetarians. Hopefully 3 Tomatoes changes its priorities quickly before more disappointed customers start piling up.

2  Thank Dave S
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped in for lunch after shopping in Williston and found the place quiet for a Sunday, but we are able to enjoy a casual lunch with our son and daughter-in-law. The Three Tomatoes on Church Street was closed so we had this place in mind, and while not as cozy an atmosphere, it was a nice time together. No rush from the server, and no din from a crowd, so we enjoyed a bit of respite together. The Chicken Parmigiana sandwiches were ample and the veggie personal pizza was tasty. We were tempted by the desserts but passed up the calories for an extended chat with family.