“Good, but a little pricey”
Review of three tomatoes trattoria - CLOSED

three tomatoes trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The food was great, but a little bit expensive. We expected something a bit more casual. The location of the restaurant was very good.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I though the food was very good...The service was OK....Prices were about average. If it's missing something I would say it was lacking atmosphere...

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Ordered chicken parm with spaghetti. The chicken breast was cut extra thin and was dry. The tomato sauce was overly tangy and not really sauce. It looked like they just opened a can of tomatoes in water. The spaghetti tasted like cardboard. I've heard the one on Church St in Burlington is better, but not ready to try it.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel where we stayed recommended this restaurant and there were many great recommendations on Tripadvisor. It was ok but nothing special. Atmosphere was nonexistent and the waiter was efficient but indifferent. We thought our pasta was tasty but not worthy of $14.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stopped in at 9pm on a Saturday night, for a late dinner. Were seated promptly, outside as requested. The service was fine; my complaint was solely with the food. The oil was very heavy in the introductory bread/oil pairing. None of the entrees come with salads. I ordered the pork tenderloin/penne dish and it was DISGUSTING. The menu promised lightly breaded pork medallions; what I received was giant overcooked/tough cutlets of indeterminate origin, with rubbery cheese and non-descript sauce over bland pasta. Served with a side of overdone and tough asparagus - or may have been broccoli. I can't be certain. I RARELY complain about food at a restaurant but this was simply inedible. Upon complaint, management was happy to remove the charge from the bill and offered to bring me something else, but I just chose to nibble on my friend's meal instead. She had the cheese lasagne, which was okay. Our other friend had the steak marsala (without the marsala part, LOL) and reported that hers was delicious.

Now I would say I would try them again and go for the pizza next time, except I heard the next table over complain to the manager about their inedible pizza. So I think I will avoid them and stick to Mexicali for my next Williston dinner outing.