“Very good but could be better”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Milton
“Very good but could be better”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was our first visit to Monty's. We went there with another couple. The patio looked lovely but it was too cool to dine outside. When we checked out the dining rooms, they were cold and quite barren. Maybe that's in. We sat at the only booth in the bar area; it was a little warmer. There was a bit of sticker shock with our martini's; they were $10; a little high in our opinion. I had the surf and turf special; a 6 oz steak and scallops. The steak, medium rare, was cooked to perfection. The 2 large scallops were also nicely done. The three asparagus spears were ok; one was tough. All of the above was resting nicely on a bed of mashed potatoes which were not so great. The were compact, not fluffy or soft and I thought they might be of the instant variety. My wife had the goat cheese salad as her entree. She chose that salad because beets were listed as an ingredient; they were difficult to find in the salad. The dressing was an unappealing container of glop. Our friends had the surf and turf special as well as the chicken parmigiana. His special was excellent but the chicken dish was a little lean on sauce. Service by Kalani was excellent. Atmosphere was ok but it happened to be open mike night and so there was someone setting up equipment and then playing guitar. That is ok in itself but were were right in front of all the action and its was a bit distracting and noisy. All in all, we though the experience was very good, not excellent. We probably won't go back because the menu is very limited. It is certainly was worth going there this one time. We hope they expand the menu.

• Visited September 2012

“Thank you Tripadvisor!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I would not have found this place without Tripadvisor. I had just landed in town for a one night stay before visiting relatIves in NY in the morning. Been on planes most of the day and was looking forward to a quiet dinner. Well I hit the perfect spot. The food was awesome. I had a pear salad with bleu cheese to start things off. The salad was huge. Then I had a filet mignon and scallop special. It was cooked perfectly and was awesome. All that and a couple of glasses of nice wine made for a perfect setting. Shannon was my server. Very efficient and personable and made me feel at home. I would highly recommend this place. I will make sure to stop by again the next time I'm in town.

1 Thank DanTheTravelerFromNC
“Well worth visiting!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We found this amid the listings of the national chains and based on the reviews decided to try it. WOW! Great service and flavored, perfect sized portions and the Cosmo and manhattan were great. Tried the salmon, petite filet and rigatoni special and we loved all 3. Chocolate cookie and Napoleon desserts were perfect ending. Loved it and will be back.

1 Thank Mafire91
Williston, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NIce in town get together”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Nice town feel. The food is good. Sitting on the deck is nice in the summer

Visited April 2012
Vermont
“nice little place - not fast service”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My husband and I went here based on the reviews recently, for our anniversary. Have to say I was disappointed in the service and meal. My husband had the Monty burger was pleased with it, said it had great flavor and filled him up. I had the Chicken and dumplings, which should have been named - chicken and celery. There was a ton of celery, couple pieces of chicken and couple dumplings, small bites of summer sausage (very spicey). I found it to be lacking and left me hungry afterwards.
Our server appeared to be the only one working the tables and was there were long waiting times in between the courses and ordering. We weren't in a hurry but even so it wasn't as attentive as others have had. One bad note: there was a group celebrating across the hall from us and they were extremely loud (like drunken disorder). It was inconsiderate of the other patrons who were trying to enjoy their dinners.
Price was reasonable but I felt the portions weren't filling. My husband enjoyed it so we may
try the breakfast options and possibly sit outside in warmer months.

• Visited April 2012