“Excellent Customer service, quiet surroundings, smoky rooms”

TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed June 11, 2007

Arriving at the Towneplace Suites at 1:30 am after a 12 hour airline delay with my friends, we got to our room and found to our dismay that the room, while very clean , reeked of smoke and air deodorizer. Though one of my friends is allergic to smoke, we were so tired we did not want to go through the hassle of changing rooms and decided to just tell the staff of the issue the next day.

After a quiet nights rest, I went to check out with Emily. Emily was first class in her level of customer response, listening to my concern about the smoke and taking fifteen dollars off my bill.Iwork with the public and know that there are different ways to deal with customer concerns, and Emily dealt well with me and was always friendly.

While the rooms may not be totally up to snuff in terms of renovations, the customer service we received more than made up for that circumstance. I felt listened to, which does not always happen. And, if you like clean, comfortable stays within 15 minutes of BTV, this place is excellent! Great green Mountain Coffee in the morning, too!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank earmark72

Reviewed June 10, 2007

We booked a queen/sofa suite on the Marriott Rewards website a week before the trip. Two days before we found a two bedroom, two queen, sofa suite on the Marriott site for $5 more. Since we were traveling with friends we decided to upgrade and all stay together. I called the hotel and the lady on the phone said, "no problem."
When we arrived and checked in at midnight the lady at the front desk was very helpful in bringing us enough towels and a rollaway.
The two bedroom suite has a good size living room and kitchen area. We slept three adults and three kids no problem. We could have used another toilet but we worked around that.
There is no breakfast here but there is free coffee in the lobby.
The indoor pool is open 24 hours which is very rare.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 5, 2006

On a recent motorcycle vacation we decided to travel from Quebec city to Vermont to enjoy the scenery of the mountains. After a less than great hotel experience in Quebec I was apprehensive about what our hotel in Vermont may hold. We were pleasantly surprised with our stay at this hotel. The warm and friendly greeting we received on check in was very nice. We had a two bedroom suite that was spotless, roomy and well equipped. Comfortable and clean beds helped make our stay relaxing and enjoyable. This appears to be a property that is well kept by a staff that cares. That goes a long way to creating a great guest experience.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CKB964
Reviewed July 20, 2006

I can't say enough about the TownePlace in Williston. From the moment I arrived, my reservations were correct, the front desk person was friendly, and all went smooth. I had a ground floor-studio and it was VERY CLEAN! Although there is *limited housekeeping*, everyday I found the trash emptied, fresh towels and my bed turned down. Again, Clean!! I travel alone and the place was safe. I used the appliances and everything worked. Great location. And NO NOISE. Very quiet. Yes, there were dogs and kids around, but everyone was well mannered:)

I recommend this place highly and I spend over 75+ nights a year in hotels. This is one of the top on my list. I'll be back.

Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank LinMcHugh
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, MA
Reviewed November 2, 2005

The first night, we listened to the guy in the room next door talk on his cell phone until 1AM. The second night, someone went out to dinner and left their barking dogs behind. Bring earplugs.

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed June 12, 2005

I went to a seminar class in Vermont and stayed at the towneplace suites in Williston for 2 weeks. The staff is EXTREMELY friendly and courteous. I had the studio suite. It had a full size kitchen queen size bed, sofa couch with pull out bed, full enclosed bathroom, sink not outside of bathroom like some other hotels. Free wireless internet, but weak signal. You can program your telephone for wakeup calls. TV has alot of station, and I mean alot. My room was facing the open field and was quiet. AC is controlled by thermostat. Hotel is located very near, walking distance to a very big supermarket "Shaw's", Best Buy, Staples, Home Depot, Marshalls, Toys R Us, Bed Bath and Beyond, movie theatres, Longhorn restaurant, Chili's and much, much more. Very close to onramp to I89. There is a small swimming pool and gym room. I did not have time to utilize any of those facilities. Hotel is close to downtown Burlington and the airport. I had no problems with parking. Overall, I felt like I was home. I would stay here again at the drop of the hat if I had to go back to Vermont.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 18, 2005

We checked in on a Thursday night and were welcomed with fresh coffee and brownies. We were a little dissapointed to find out our room (located in the NON smoking building) was in another building from the pool, which by the way does not have a hot tub.

When we got to the room we found it clean and comfortable, but a little small. We had recently stayed at a Residence Inn 1 bedroom and found that our 2 bedroom at the TownePlace Suites was about the same size but 2 bedrooms. The kitchen was small but very clean. When making breakfast (eggs and bacon) in the morning it was hard to modulate the temp on the stove so the smoke detectors kept going off. Thank goodness for windows! We had to fan the smoke away from the smoke detectors and out the windows. This of course gave the kids plenty to talk about - Mom trying to burn down the hotel.

We went to the pool area in the main building a few times but it was small and there were alot of kids and they were kind of loud so it was hard to enjoy. But cant really blame the hotel for this.

All in all, the room, bathroom, and kitchen were clean and comfortable but alittle cramped.

If we go back to the area we will probably stay at the Residence Inn which is right off the highway unless TownePlace is having a special.

• Stayed: March 2005
2  Thank CCCharland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williston
Courtyard Burlington Williston
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington

Been to TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston? Share your experiences!