“A good place to sleep”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Williston
Gassetts
“A good place to sleep”
Reviewed June 10, 2007

We booked a queen/sofa suite on the Marriott Rewards website a week before the trip. Two days before we found a two bedroom, two queen, sofa suite on the Marriott site for $5 more. Since we were traveling with friends we decided to upgrade and all stay together. I called the hotel and the lady on the phone said, "no problem."
When we arrived and checked in at midnight the lady at the front desk was very helpful in bringing us enough towels and a rollaway.
The two bedroom suite has a good size living room and kitchen area. We slept three adults and three kids no problem. We could have used another toilet but we worked around that.
There is no breakfast here but there is free coffee in the lobby.
The indoor pool is open 24 hours which is very rare.

• Liked — The staff was excellent!
  • Disliked — The hotel is in located in (and is contributing to) Burlington's urban sprawl.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Halifax
Reviewed August 5, 2006

On a recent motorcycle vacation we decided to travel from Quebec city to Vermont to enjoy the scenery of the mountains. After a less than great hotel experience in Quebec I was apprehensive about what our hotel in Vermont may hold. We were pleasantly surprised with our stay at this hotel. The warm and friendly greeting we received on check in was very nice. We had a two bedroom suite that was spotless, roomy and well equipped. Comfortable and clean beds helped make our stay relaxing and enjoyable. This appears to be a property that is well kept by a staff that cares. That goes a long way to creating a great guest experience.

• Liked — Nice sized clean rooms.
  • Disliked — Location is a bit out of the way.
  • Tips/Secrets — Not the best location, but a very nice place to stay
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank CKB964
Danvers, MA
Reviewed July 20, 2006

I can't say enough about the TownePlace in Williston. From the moment I arrived, my reservations were correct, the front desk person was friendly, and all went smooth. I had a ground floor-studio and it was VERY CLEAN! Although there is *limited housekeeping*, everyday I found the trash emptied, fresh towels and my bed turned down. Again, Clean!! I travel alone and the place was safe. I used the appliances and everything worked. Great location. And NO NOISE. Very quiet. Yes, there were dogs and kids around, but everyone was well mannered:)

I recommend this place highly and I spend over 75+ nights a year in hotels. This is one of the top on my list. I'll be back.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank LinMcHugh
Reviewed November 2, 2005

The first night, we listened to the guy in the room next door talk on his cell phone until 1AM. The second night, someone went out to dinner and left their barking dogs behind. Bring earplugs.

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 12, 2005

I went to a seminar class in Vermont and stayed at the towneplace suites in Williston for 2 weeks. The staff is EXTREMELY friendly and courteous. I had the studio suite. It had a full size kitchen queen size bed, sofa couch with pull out bed, full enclosed bathroom, sink not outside of bathroom like some other hotels. Free wireless internet, but weak signal. You can program your telephone for wakeup calls. TV has alot of station, and I mean alot. My room was facing the open field and was quiet. AC is controlled by thermostat. Hotel is located very near, walking distance to a very big supermarket "Shaw's", Best Buy, Staples, Home Depot, Marshalls, Toys R Us, Bed Bath and Beyond, movie theatres, Longhorn restaurant, Chili's and much, much more. Very close to onramp to I89. There is a small swimming pool and gym room. I did not have time to utilize any of those facilities. Hotel is close to downtown Burlington and the airport. I had no problems with parking. Overall, I felt like I was home. I would stay here again at the drop of the hat if I had to go back to Vermont.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Coventry, CT
Reviewed March 18, 2005

We checked in on a Thursday night and were welcomed with fresh coffee and brownies. We were a little dissapointed to find out our room (located in the NON smoking building) was in another building from the pool, which by the way does not have a hot tub.

When we got to the room we found it clean and comfortable, but a little small. We had recently stayed at a Residence Inn 1 bedroom and found that our 2 bedroom at the TownePlace Suites was about the same size but 2 bedrooms. The kitchen was small but very clean. When making breakfast (eggs and bacon) in the morning it was hard to modulate the temp on the stove so the smoke detectors kept going off. Thank goodness for windows! We had to fan the smoke away from the smoke detectors and out the windows. This of course gave the kids plenty to talk about - Mom trying to burn down the hotel.

We went to the pool area in the main building a few times but it was small and there were alot of kids and they were kind of loud so it was hard to enjoy. But cant really blame the hotel for this.

All in all, the room, bathroom, and kitchen were clean and comfortable but alittle cramped.

If we go back to the area we will probably stay at the Residence Inn which is right off the highway unless TownePlace is having a special.

• Stayed March 2005
2 Thank CCCharland
Reviewed November 30, 2003

Great hotel in relation to the night/value. ($70/nigth average)The amenities includes a little kitchen so you can feel like at home because you can eat in and not need to go out to do it.The kitchen has an oven, refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher, Plates and more for 4.Also has a living area w/ sofa and armchair, and a little dinning area w/ table and chair for 4.A Shaw's Supermarket is near, about 3 or 4 blocks and also a commercial zone (Marshalls, Circuit City, Toys R us, Wall Mart, and more)Great to go w/ your partner..can be a little romantic. Also, Great to go w/ kids.15 minutes to Burlington, 40 minutes to some ski centers.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williston
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Fairfield Inn Burlington Williston
Courtyard Burlington Williston
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington

Been to TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston? Share your experiences!