“Excellent Hotel”

TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at TownePlace Suites for a 10-day vacation in Burlington that ended on 9/30/13. We were traveling with our two children, ages four and one. We loved the room set up and would most definitely stay at this hotel in Burlington or elsewhere. Our daughter, age four, stayed in her own room, which worked out perfectly. We put our son, age one, in the master with us. The master is large enough that his pack n' play was not in the way at all. The bathroom is accessed from the main room, which we appreciate. That way we could use the bathroom or shower at night without disturbing either child. The kitchen was perfect- a full size refrigerator and oven and a small dishwasher. The couch in the living room was not terribly comfortable, but we would convert it to a bed in the evening to relax, watch television, read, etc. Overall, we find it difficult to travel with young kids because so many hotels claim to have "suites" only to find out that the suite is a half wall...not the case here. We also appreciated the free continental breakfast each morning, the small gym, the small indoor pool, and the friendly staff. The location is convenient to tons of Burlington activities. This hotel is perfect for any family with young children!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank klhg32960
christian k, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear klhg32960,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are happy that our hotel provided a comfortable and spacious stay for you and your children! Our two bedroom suites do have a great layout for families.

It was a pleasure to host you, and we hope to see you again some day when your travels bring you back the area!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was traveling for work and had shared a 2 bedroom suite with a co-worker. Everybody on staff was outgoing and welcoming. Our suite was clean and spacious.

I did notice some small, nit-picky items:
* Unfortunately the dresser in my bedroom had a drawer that was off its casters and I couldn't get it back in place rendering the bottom drawer un-usable.
* The beds were as hard as a rock (one co-worker with our group ended up leaving to go home early due to her neck being in pain from the rock-hard beds)
* The chair in the living room was very uncomfortable.
* Coffee maker had 4-cup maker packets of coffee but it was a 12 cup maker. We only had 2 packets so I just ended up buying some coffee locally. Plus the lobby had free coffee/tea.
* The bathroom door had a small gash in it where a hook once was ... a new hook was just below where the gash once was. Weird. (I know, I know, I'm being very nit-picky)

Otherwise the room was pleasant. We always returned to plenty of towels and a freshened up room. There was plenty of parking and it was well-lit at night. The outdoor BBQ and seating area was a nice plus ... while we did not use the BBQ we did sit outside and [--] there at night. They also have a wide variety of snacks/frozen meals in the lobby for sale and they were not abnormally high priced as you'd expect in a hotel. Very nice perk. The shower had very good water pressure and provided warm/hot water quickly and once hot it stayed hot.

Yes, what other reviewers said is true about the breakfast. It was very starch-y, not much in the way of fruits or eggs or anything of the like. On the uptick it did have Soy Milk and plenty of juices. I don't come to these hotels for luxurious breakfasts so I was fine.

I didn't notice any odd smells or many of the other issues others had described. The hotel, as explained in other reviews, is freshly remodeled and it showed. Other than the extremely firm beds it was a great stay. As I said, the staff was very accommodating and even assisted in receiving a package for me and had it waiting at the front desk when I checked in. I enjoyed my stay and I hope when we come back next year we'll be staying at the TownePlace Suites.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
christian k, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Matchgame90,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay stay with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found your two bedroom suite to be comfortable for you and your co worker. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy our new patio area, it has proven to be a great place to end the day.

In regards to the items you mentioned in your suite, we will surely be adressing these issues quickly to ensure they do not effect other guests. We do appreciate you letting us know about them, as we are working hard to maintain our hotel after our renovation.

We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a shopping trip to Vermont. The location was good and the staff were pleasant, if not overly helpful, but the hotel left much to be desired. As a place to sleep it was okay, but it is not a comforting relaxing place that you would want to spend any time. It had a full kitchen, but I wasn't even tempted to have take out and sit in the room. It was serviceable enough, I guess, but one bathroom for a 2 bedroom suite is awkward, especially when the toilet is in with the shower. The decor was old and tired and the hotel smelled quite bad in places. The hallways were the worst, but the room smelled a bit as well. Breakfast selection was very poor. The continental breakfast selection was very limited. All in all not a pleasant stay and not a hotel I would consider returning to. Especially not at the price!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
christian k, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dean Jenmtl,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad that you found our staff to be warm and hospitable while you were with us.

I was surprised to hear your comments regarding our guest rooms, as I am sure you noticed during your stay, our hotel has recently been completely renovated, top to bottom. Our renovation included replacement of every single item in the suites, and in the corridors as well. We have also added a beautiful new stone patio with fire pits and BBQ grill, as well as a great new breakfast room in the lobby with an expanded selection of our breakfast offerings.

We strive to provide a relaxing and comfortable stay for all of our guests, and are always interested to learn ways in which we can improve. If you would be willing, I would like to discuss your experience with us, more in depth to learn more. If you would be willing, please feel free to call the hotel at 802-872-5900, and ask for Christian.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

At the time we went the main building was under renovation. There adjacent bldg is not connected to the main bldg in any way. In the main bldg there is the reception desk, the indoor swimming pool and the breakfast area. So when you want to go for breakfast or to swimm and your room is not in the main bldg you have to go outside first. Just think about it twice when it's not summertime!! In April the breakfast was only milk, fruits and cereals all served in a brown bag!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
christian k, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear 4Runners67,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay in April with us.

I do apologize that you found the location of your room unsatisfactory while you were staying with us. During our extensive renovation, all of the guest rooms were located in the opposite building from the lobby, as the main building was under construction. Now that our renovation is complete, we are glad that both buildings are fully operational. In regards to the layout of our property, we have found that our guests enjoy the option of our two buildings, as they both have their unique advantages, and offer something different for each traveler.

Since your stay with us, we have added a brand new breakfast room in the main lobby area. We have added comfortable seating with tables, and have also expanded our breakfast offerings.

I do hope that you will return to see all of the great changes we have made since your stay with us.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed there as the renovation was completing late August - they have done a nice job! The furniture in the room was nice. The breakfast area is nice and it even supplies soymilk!

The faucet area in the bathroom is a little small but the lighting is bright and beautiful.

The common area was a little messy - the elevator, staircase and hallways are dirty. Some of it due to the unfinished renovation but some of it are from sloppy guests. Even for a reduced-housekeeping hotel (and on a weekend), they should still try to keep up with the cleaness of the common area.

I really hope they keep up with the housekeeping and maintenance. The front desk staff is great and the "lobby" is nice.

The location is convenient - not in downtown Burlington but close to the airport, supermarket and stores.

Room Tip: Consider the parking lot and stair location if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
christian k, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Want2GoHome,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our recent renovation and our staff! It is always great to hear that our guests enjoy their stay with us.

We are very pleased with our renovation, and we are working hard, and will continue to work hard to maintain our property so it remains a clean and comfortable place to stay.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

If I was staying longer than two or three nights I might have gone for a Residence Inn. But this place was quite nice. Near the airport, but did not hear any planes (or anything else for that matter...slept like a rock both nights). Not far from downtown Burlington. Closer still to the University. Good breakfast, responsive staff. The TV did not default to TV input, so you had to be smart enough to fiddle with the controls. But this is a nice jumping off place for both business and pleasure. If you don't want to go downtown to eat, the Tafts Corners shopping center and other nearby options provide all the basics. The room has a refrigerator (full size) and microwave so you do not have to eat out every night if you don't want to. Clean, well-appointed, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
christian k, Manager at TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Trainman334

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that the location of our hotel worked well for you, and you are right, we do have a great location and are so close to many businesses and restaurants.

I was also happy to hear that you slept like a rock, our new beds have been a hit!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Air conditioning didn't work for TWO NIGHTS in sweltering heat, vent in bathroom didn't work, key swipe didn't work.

Stuff happens, I guess, but I've always received some kind of compensation at other hotels when things go wrong. I got nothing from Marriott. I recommend staying elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tabitha T
christian k, Manager at TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Tabitha T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for your stay, as it it apparent we did not provide you with a comfortable stay.

During your stay in July, we did unfortunatley expereince an electrical problem with our cooling tower, which in turn left the air conditioners in the suites, non - operational. We did do our best to remedy the situation quickly, but the problem proved to be a difficult one repair in a timely manner. We are thankful that it is now repaired, and operational. I can absolutley understand how this can make for an uncomfortable stay, especially with the hot and humid weather we were having during the weekend of your stay.

I would be happy to discuss this matter with you further. If you would like, please call the hotel at 802-872-5900, and ask for Christian.

The TownePlace Suites Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Williston
Courtyard Burlington Williston
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston? Share your experiences!