“Nice place for a quick business stay”

Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Needed a clean bed and hot water for a quick business trip to Burlington. The location is easy to find and very close to restaurants and shopping. It was an easy drive to my meeting location as well. The check-in staff was friendly and efficient. I was pleasantly surprised by the large room, full kitchen and very comfortable bed.
I arrived pretty late and exhausted. They provided me with a list of local eateries which was most helpful. Breakfast the next day was good with a nice choice of healthy items.
I noticed quite a few kids in the pool with their parents and so this may be a good place to bring the family as well. I would recommend this based on my experience and will use this hotel again when back in the area for business.

Room Tip: I did get a room on the first floor - the units all have separate entries so it reminded me a bit of...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
James F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! It sounds like you were able to enjoy a lot of our amentities at our property. I'm also happy to hear that our staff were able to assist you with your needs. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Has a neat little village, condo feel. Very clean and nice. Very homy and quant, break lie was good. Cute little pool with a hot tub included plus, like all hotels you can do things you wouldn't do normally like walk backwards and eat shrimp nude. Great way to visit the Green Mountain State (now they just need to reopen the Alchemist)!

• Stayed: October 2013
James F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for your excellent review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed the layout of our hotel and it sounds like you had a good time. If you are back in the Green Mountain State, I hope to see you again. Hopefully the Alchemist will be open sometime soon as well!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The rooms were clean and spacious and the staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again! The hotel is close to Burlington and there are a lot of other things to do and see in the Williston area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The management and staff were top notch right from the start. We had a group in from Ireland and stayed for a long weekend. Everyone was very accommodating, the rooms and Gate house were very clean and spacious. We had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend this location for your plans.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank G-M-L-Sr
James F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our property! It was a pleasure to host your group at the Residence Inn and it's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I know you have many options when in the Burlington area and we were delighted to have you. If in the area again, we hope to see you here! Happy Travels!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

For those who may have never stayed in a Residence Inn before, just to make it clear, the rooms/buildings are not attached to the main reception area. In other words, if you wanna go to the breakfast area in the morning, you gotta step outside. This may be annoying to some in winter when it's really cold and you have to bring a coat.

Anyway, that said, the employees at the reception and breakfast areas were very kind and friendly. When we checked in, we were given a small bag containing chips, zoo animal crackers and a bottle of water. As for the breakfast, it was nice, with lots of hot items (potatoes, eggs, meat, french toast or pancake), oatmeal, muffins, bagels, waffles, juices, coffee, etc. However, the "hot" items were unfortunately not kept hot very well, as they were rather cold when we served ourselves. As for the breakfast area, it was fairly spacious, with some comfortable & clean tables and chairs.

We had a room with a queen bed & full kitchen. The room overall was pretty comfy. However, a few things bothered me: I personally didn't like that the sink for the bathroom was outside the toilet area and the TV was put on a low bench, making it difficult to see while laying in bed. Also, we had found some old & really dirty TV remote slightly under the bed, covered by the bed sheet, which make us think some of that area isn't cleaned properly. The bed itself was comfortable, but the pillows were rather small, too soft and didn't look particularly clean.

We paid a lower price for the room, so I can't really complain much, with the inclusion of the breakfast & full kitchen. However, at full rate, there are definitely better choices in the area, even on a budget.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay at our hotel. It's great to see that you enjoyed your interactions with our staff. I will share your comments and follow up with the appropriate departments to ensure we are always providing exceptional service and accommodations. Have a great day and we hope to see you again at the Residence Inn!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had a good stay. Clean, friendly,great location right off 89 quiet near many places to eat. Yes it is an older RI with many buildings, so you need to go out side to get to lobby/breakfast pool/hot tub. The plus of the separate buildings are fewer neighbors so it is much quieter. We had a upgraded penthouse suite. Lots of space, Clean, fire place in living room nice kitchen a large table with seating for 4. a Large bed room with queen bed its own bath room a closet and double doors to block off from living room.( This bed room alone was larger then many motel rooms we have stayed in) up stairs was a loft bed room with queen bed closet and its own bathroom.All spaces had plenty of lighting. The place is very clean, it is showing some wear here and there but over all you get a very good place to stay. Pool was large clean with small hot tub temps and the times were warm and long.(It met one of my peeves by having a viewable clock in the pool area).Breakfast we liked the food the lay out the dishes silverware, the food attendant should attend to her job more as not all food was always ready, and we found having to listen to her comments about tv and talking in general (some times quite loud) on just about everything more than a little bit annoying. This did not ruin are over all good thoughts of a very good place to stay. We will happily return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
James F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel! I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy your upgrade to our Penthouse Suite. It sounds like it met all your needs. We hope to see you here again at the Residence Inn. Happy travels!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I figured it was time to write a review after 3 stays here over the past year. Great location for my quick one overnight stops in Williston.

I was greeted with a friendly welcome and saw my name was there a "guest of the day" - well how special did I feel.!! After choosing my "gift" (a pint of Ben and Jerry's, yum!), I headed over to my room on the 2nd floor of building 1. the room was comfy, clean and I put my ice cream in the freezer and unloaded my items for dinner. Being on the road so much, it is so nice to hit a grocery store and have a home cooked dinner instead of another restaurant meal. You can put on the jammies and prepare dinner, eat and relax.

The hot tub is nice after a long days drive to wind down also. Morning breakfast has many choices to satisfy just about anyone and comes with a friendly smile as you begin your day. Everyone on staff here are real "people persons" - makes a big difference, I plan on making this my go-to hotel for my monthly visits to the area.

Room Tip: if you have a bit of luggage ask for a room on the first floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
James F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences you have had at our property. It's wonderful to hear that you have had a great stay time and time again. I am glad that you are able to maximize our suite to feel like you are at home. That is the beauty of Residence Inn! It looks like you were one of our lucky "Guests of Day". Wise choice with the Ben and Jerry's! I will share your kind comments with our staff and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Williston
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa
TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston
Courtyard Burlington Williston
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Fairfield Inn Burlington Williston

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!