“nice”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Williston
maine
“nice”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had a good stay. Clean, friendly,great location right off 89 quiet near many places to eat. Yes it is an older RI with many buildings, so you need to go out side to get to lobby/breakfast pool/hot tub. The plus of the separate buildings are fewer neighbors so it is much quieter. We had a upgraded penthouse suite. Lots of space, Clean, fire place in living room nice kitchen a large table with seating for 4. a Large bed room with queen bed its own bath room a closet and double doors to block off from living room.( This bed room alone was larger then many motel rooms we have stayed in) up stairs was a loft bed room with queen bed closet and its own bathroom.All spaces had plenty of lighting. The place is very clean, it is showing some wear here and there but over all you get a very good place to stay. Pool was large clean with small hot tub temps and the times were warm and long.(It met one of my peeves by having a viewable clock in the pool area).Breakfast we liked the food the lay out the dishes silverware, the food attendant should attend to her job more as not all food was always ready, and we found having to listen to her comments about tv and talking in general (some times quite loud) on just about everything more than a little bit annoying. This did not ruin are over all good thoughts of a very good place to stay. We will happily return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
James F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Burlington, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel! I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy your upgrade to our Penthouse Suite. It sounds like it met all your needs. We hope to see you here again at the Residence Inn. Happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Hebrew first
seacoast, nh
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I figured it was time to write a review after 3 stays here over the past year. Great location for my quick one overnight stops in Williston.

I was greeted with a friendly welcome and saw my name was there a "guest of the day" - well how special did I feel.!! After choosing my "gift" (a pint of Ben and Jerry's, yum!), I headed over to my room on the 2nd floor of building 1. the room was comfy, clean and I put my ice cream in the freezer and unloaded my items for dinner. Being on the road so much, it is so nice to hit a grocery store and have a home cooked dinner instead of another restaurant meal. You can put on the jammies and prepare dinner, eat and relax.

The hot tub is nice after a long days drive to wind down also. Morning breakfast has many choices to satisfy just about anyone and comes with a friendly smile as you begin your day. Everyone on staff here are real "people persons" - makes a big difference, I plan on making this my go-to hotel for my monthly visits to the area.

Room Tip: if you have a bit of luggage ask for a room on the first floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
James F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Burlington, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences you have had at our property. It's wonderful to hear that you have had a great stay time and time again. I am glad that you are able to maximize our suite to feel like you are at home. That is the beauty of Residence Inn! It looks like you were one of our lucky "Guests of Day". Wise choice with the Ben and Jerry's! I will share your kind comments with our staff and we look forward to serving you in the future!
Manchester, Vermont
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed a couple of nights at the RI-Burlington/Williston while attending conference in South Burlington and was pleasantly surprised from the moment we checked in till the moment we checked out. Front desk service was upbeat and personable, room was upgraded upon request and the room did not disappoint.
Everything one would need for a long term stay- Free wifi is always a bonus and the pool was immaculate. Very good hot breakfast with nice selections and always hot coffee/tea in the lobby.
Pets are welcome and their policy is fair and reasonable.
Easy access on and off the interstate and close to all the big box stores, restaurants, airport and downtown BTV
Will definitely stay here again One suggestions however would be to make sure you have adequate amounts of all your breakfast foods until the cut off time--we did notice some folks arrive about 15 min prior to the closing time and the food was pretty minimal......

Room Tip: If you have trouble with outside stairs in winter, would recommend downstairs unit....
Green Features: While the rooms advocated the e-friendly practices, we were surprised to see more disposable silverware in the breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
James F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Burlington, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review! It's great to see that you enjoyed your time with us and you were able to take advantage of our facilities. It's always great to hear guests comment on our staff's service as well! Thank you for your great feedback and we hope to see you again in the future!
Albany, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Some of the glowing reviews received by this hotel are making me wonder if I stayed at a different place! Don't get me wrong, it is a solid place to stay, no major issues, but I definitely, definitely would not characterize it as "rarely seen..."We've stayed at both this RI and the one in Colchester/Burlington and prefer the latter. But anyway, this review is about the Williston property so here goes.

Our check-in was very pleasant, the front desk person was helpful and accommodating. The layout of the hotel can be an issue in winter - you have to bundle up to go to breakfast, use the fitness center, or the pool. Just something to be aware of that is not an issue at the Colchester RI.

Our room was a bit tired. Perhaps we were in a non-renovated area of the hotel. The kitchen cabinets are showing wear, but everything was functional. It was very, very quiet.

The fitness center is, well, interesting! It has 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical and a set of free weights. No bench, no mat, no ball, that's it. And it is TINY. A bench would be a nice addition. The pool area is nice.

Breakfast was very good, and we took advantage of a free dinner that was excellent. All meals were well-staffed and the eating area is very nice.

We had a slight mess-up with the cleaning of our room, which was partly our fault. We went to use the fitness center after breakfast and upon returning (at about noon) our bed had been made. However, the garbage had not been emptied and the towels we had on the floor in the bathroom from the pool the night before were still there. I say it was our fault because we should have left the "recharging" sign on our door so we'd have the room made up after our showers, but it still wouldn't account for not taking out our garbage. A very minor point, though.

I'd recommend the place and would return. N

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
James F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Burlington, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property! Your feedback was much appreciated and I will follow up on a couple points you brushed on. In the future, please be aware that if the fitness center does not meet your needs, we do provide our guests with a complimentary pass to a large health club down the road. I'm very pleased to hear you were able to take advantage of our Evening Social that we have three nights a week. If you are in the Burlington area again, we hope to see you here at the Residence Inn by Marriott Burlington/Williston!
Summerstown, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

By far the best hotel of its class that I have ever stayed in. We stayed over 2 nights over the Christmas Holiday while visiting relatives in Bolton VT. The design and outlay of the small apartment type unit , itself , is exceptional, particularly the location of the bath room and adjoining large vanity. in relation to the total area. Impeccable towel and linen stuff ! Given that the unit is designed for long term stay , the kitchen is beautifully furnished with needed appliances and first class equipment. The desk, contrary to most , is sturdy , of great quality and doubles as an eating space with all needed accessories for business use. The overwhelming cleanliness of the unit ( the carpet , in particular ) is the most comforting feature and the air evokes a health feature difficult to obtain in most facilities of its kind, today. The design of the different blocks of units make for a noise free environment and the heavy curtains insure light free early morning rest. While we did not make use of the fireplace that particular feature always adds to the overall coziness. The total package is comforting, reassuring and brand distinct, rarely seen in today's accommodation offerings .

The breakfast area is comfortingly large enough to accommodate many guests at a time with the fireplace centrepiece acting as a warm magnet for relaxed patrons. Food options cater to both the healthy palate and the less discerning , but always beautifully satiating the hungry ! The fitness area,while somewhat small, lodges the most used and important machinery to the dedicated fitness buff and provides cool, comfortable environment in which to keep up the routine .

Being so close to the large mall , boutique area , one's need for variety in shops and restaurants is totally satisfied. A well designed package for the business or leisure traveler and a unique blend of satisfying , unparalleled guest features that makes one definitely want to return without looking for other options . We felt as if we were in our own small nest and invited the relatives we were visiting to view the unit , I would definitely retun without looking for other options !!! no need when one feels one has found " the best ".

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
From everyone here at the Residence Inn by Marriott Burlington/Williston, we want to thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel! I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you were impressed with multiple aspects of our property. It sounds like your experience is exactly what our team strives for everyday. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you are in the Burlington area! Have a wonderfule 2014!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Three of us - me, GF, and her 17-yr old daughter - stayed for 4 nights at this hotel, arriving Boxing Day, and leaving on New Year's Eve. Despite a recent ice storm in the Burlington area, we had no problems at the hotel.

On check-in, which took only a minute, there was hot coffee, and warm chocolate chip cookies available. Our room was a 'loft', which had on the main floor: a full kitchen (oven, stove, rangetop, microwave, full size fridge and dishwasher), and we had pots, pans, dishes, cutlery, and glassware. The sitting area had a couch, chair, and TV, along with a working fireplace (which we didn't use). Our bedroom had a closed door, another TV, and a full bath. Upstairs,
the 17-yr old enjoyed her own bed, TV, and another full bath.

The room included breakfast, which was cereal, fruit, yogurt, bagels/toast/muffins, scrambled eggs, breakfast meat (varied from bacon, turkey bacon, sausage), and potatoes. You could make your own waffles, if you wanted. There was also hot oatmeal (already prepared). Just what we needed before setting out to ski!

The location - just seconds off I-89 - was great for access to Smugglers Notch and Stowe (about 45 minute trip either way), It was about 1.5 hours to Jay Peak, but worth the trip for us. We also took some time to explore Burllngton, and the Winooski area. It was very convenient to have the local Hannaford grocery store just minutes away.

The only complaints were so minor - one phone didn't work properly, and the rigid shampoo bottles made it hard to get the stuff out early in the morning - that they barely seem worth mentioning, but I know the manager likes all the details. One other thing - another poster wrote that her soap bar 'disintegrated'; I think this is happens because the soap dish does not have holes to let the water drain out, so the soap bar just sits in water all day. I put it on the side of the sink instead, and had no problems.

I also noticed that the hotel lot was full of emergency service trucks from all over, helping to get the power back on for some 20,000 people. I'm sure the workers were happy to have such a warm and comforting place to return to after a long day working in the cold.

We were very happy, and would return to this hotel when our skiing plans bring us back to VT.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
First off, I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review! It looks like you were able to take advantage of a lot of the amentities we offer at our hotel. It's great to hear that you were able to enjoy yourselves even though the weather was less than favorable. Thank you for the great feedback about your stay and we hope see you again at the Residence Inn by Marriott Burlington/Williston!
N.J.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Where do I begin?? We had to rush up to Vermont. My daughter's father passed away suddenly and we needed to be close to her brothers, we walked in unaccounced and the experience from the whole front desk especially kate and the assistant manager james, just doesn't happen like that in today's world... Kind...Kind.. Kind..Anything that we needed was done.!!!! We had my daughter's dog with us , so on the day of the wake,they where willing to walk her and stayed in our room to keep her company,the fact she is a little skitish. They sent us to well known florist, sent us a sympathy card to the room with flowers, upgraded our suite,just in case our cousins where coming and going. I have not yet stopped talking about this hotel to all my clients.Thank you . Thank you. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide some feedback! It is always rewarding to hear about stories like yours where we were able to provide a memorable moment during a difficult time. It was wonderful to meet you and your family (and your dog), and we hope to see you again if you are in the Burlington area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williston
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Fairfield Inn Burlington Williston
Courtyard Burlington Williston
TownePlace Suites Burlington Williston

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!