“Good service”

Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Room 1014 October 2nd - 9th. Considering the cost of other hotels and rental properties in the Burlington area this was the best deal we could find.

The Good: the service here was very good. The guy who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. Out first room had several wasps in it and we were quickly switched to an adjacent room, sans wasps. The pool and hot tub were welcome treats, expecially for our 1-year old who spend a good portion of the vacation in the car seat. The grounds were neat despite the near-record rainfall earlier in the year. The breakfast was very filling and most items were rotated daily. It's located just off the interstate and there are several restaurants, grocery stores, and a shopping center nearby. There's a state police station right by the hotel, in case you want to get some photo ops with Super Trooper references. The gym is a nice bonus to work off all the Vermont craft beer and maple syrup. We asked for a pack-n-play nad it came with a sheet and blanket which worked for an extra pad. Our room was less a minute's walk to the main building for meals and the pool.

The Bad: I do home maintenance so I noticed a lot of cosmetic issues with the room. If this were an apartment I would pass it over but it works for a week-long visit. The room could have been cleaned better, especially the air duct grates that are at floor level. The rooms are definitely not designed with a mobile baby in mind. We had to move furniture and use luggage to block of potential hazzards like the fireplace glass. If you intend to visit the downtown area frequently you have a bunch of driving involved. We noticed some wiring issues in the kitchen and the plumbing under the sink leaked.

Overall it was a good place for a weeks stay in the area, but a little more can get you something cleaner and closer to downtown.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
James F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback. We love to hear about our guest's experience to ensure we are doing everything to provide a memorable stay. I am pleased to see you were able to take advantage of the amenities we have to offer and had a great interaction with our staff. I hope you got a good shot with a VT state trooper car!

There are newer reviews for Sonesta ES Suites Burlington

Reviewed October 17, 2013

When you book at a Marriott Residence Inn you are expecting something dependable. I have stayed in many hotels in this chain and this matches up. It is an older (like 1980/90's) version, the kitchens we not newer ones, but very clean. We were pleased that we were upgraded to a top floor unit with a 2nd loft bedroom. Would have no problem returning here. Great choice if you are visiting area colleges like we were. Some colleges provide discount if you are visiting. Only spent one night so did not get to use most of facilities. Free breakfast saved us some money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review! It's nice to hear you had such a great stay with us. It sounds like you were in our Penthouse suite. The extra space upstairs is definitely a big plus when traveling with families. I hope if you are in the area again, we will see you here!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed with three other people for two nights on a weekend they were fully booked. Rooms are in good condition - either recently renovated or the cleaning staff is even better than I thought. I have spent a LOT of time in hotels so am one of those people that uses a handi-wipe on the remote / phone before using. My room was exceptionally clean. Kudos to the Housekeeping staff. Kitchen has newer appliances than my house and was ell stocked. Pool is nice and ADA accessible. Breakfast is ok - demand was high with people sitting on anything/everything. Front desk staff was extremely kind and helpful but running ragged. I would stay again and recommend. One note - there is not enough room for a roll-away or air mattress. If you plan on bringing folks who do not wish to share the bed/sofa, book a second room.

Room Tip: Rooms accessible only from outdoors, located down a path / around a building. (Important to note if...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bythesea107
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed for a weekend and really enjoyed it. It's a really nice place even if the outside of the buildings would need a fresh coat of painting. But our studio suite was very clean and had everything to cook and a fireplace. The breakfast room in the main building is lovely and the breakfast buffet was great. The staff is very friendly Unfortunately, we only stayed for one night but it would have been worth staying longer. I would certainly recommend the place!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurence_Brussels
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed on the weekend of September 14th. Since we live in Canada and our main purpose was shopping, we had some packages deliver to the hotel. The front desk staff gave us our packages at our arrival. The hotel was very clean and has coffee and tea available at the front desk. Wifi has an excellent signal, even in the parking lot. The breakfast was good, some variety.
Staff was helpful, and the room was great and equipped with fridge, microwave, stove, etc. We had a good stay and definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mariela R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A great hotel on the outskirts of Burlington with clean rooms and facilities. A big plus with a pool and fitness center. Very comfy with my two children tagging along on a little business after recreation vacation! Staff were all super friendly.

Room Tip: I mentioned my triple A membership and they upgraded us to the large handicap sweet with a kitchenet...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank cimartsmart
Reviewed August 14, 2013

All this hotel needs is new furniture, updated amenities, and new decor. They clearly upgraded the kitchens to match the RI standard, but the rest of the room isn't so great. Really dark, dreary and not fresh or terribly clean. This is a pet-friendly hotel so not sure if they use all rooms for those travelling with pets, but there was a stale odor in the room. But, the staff was quite friendly and helpful, I just recommend brightening up the rooms a bit.
Pros: friendly staff, decent kitchen setup, good location, decent breakfast (although they ran out before the 9:30 cutoff so I only had 1.5 cups instead of my usual 2), quiet rooms (except for the AC blower).
Cons: dingy rooms and furniture, couldn't control the AC temp other than to turn it on/off (too cold for sleeping), small bed with not great mattress, found an ant in the kitchen, soap bar disintegrated in the soap dish (!?!?!?) - wierd and disturbing. As much travelling as I do, I've never seen the bar of soap turn to a paste-like substance. All I could think of was that there was bleach or another chemical left in the soap dish that interacted poorly with the soap. I rinsed it out and it didn't happen again. Also, the tub started to fill while I showered - yuck. I made sure the drain was open but it kept filling. Need a little drano perhaps.
Would I recommend it - if you're going to simply sleep, yes. If you're going to spend a week....not really. I would only stay there again if I know it's been remodeled. The room rate was pretty outrageous for the night - $239. But everywhere else was totally booked. Getting into Burlington or onto the highway is a snap.

Room Tip: Ask if the room is used for pets.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 82sammy
James F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel some feedback. I will get together with the appropriate departments to tackle some the issues you experienced. I am happy to see that you enoyed our breakfast and had a good experience with our staff. We appreciate your feedback and hope if you are in the area again, you will allow us to serve you. Happy travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Williston
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Courtyard Burlington Williston
The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!