“Convenient location with breakfast”

Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our large room featured a queen bed, queen sofa bed, full kitchen, and 3 closets, and had room to hold the bicycle on its stand, without us tripping all over ourselves. Morning breakfast is OK, not spectacular, but serves its purpose. Select evenings there may be a repast, so check the schedule upon arrival. Indoor pool and weight room. Outside grill for guest use. Staff is very hard working and upbeat, very pleasant. The place is staring show its age, particularly outside. My biggest beef is with grounds keeping. When the grass was cut, they did not blow away the very dead leaves from in front of the door to the unit; and the maid staff did not have a broom with which to sweep. So each time our door opened to the outside, dead leaves blew in. There was a little patio off the room (ground level), which was again dirty, fully of leaves and dirt, so you really would not want to go out there. Painted concrete is badly chipping. In the bath area, in spite of asking for repair, we were unable to run a sink of water or use the tub - the stoppers did not work and were disengaged. Convenient to I-89 and local route 2.

Room Tip: If you are coming to this area for an athletic event, request a first floor room, to easily move you...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Sonesta ES Suites Burlington

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Disappointed in front desk clerk when I was checking out. Ignored me and then acted like I was bothering her. Room was very clean although there was a stain on the sofa. Very quiet and nice that pets were allowed but $75.00 was excessive in my opinion. Everything else was fine.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank QUINNGIRL
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My sister, her dog and I stayed one night and for the most part our stay was good. The room was very clean and quiet and easily accessible from the car with an outside entrance. The sofa had a stain on it and the building is obviously an older style. Check in was excellent and the front desk clerk was very helpful and even called to see if we were happy with the accomodations. Check out was another story. When my sister when to pick up a newspaper, the desk clerk was rude and told my sister where to look and didn't bother to offer any assistance, just said "over there if there are any left". When I arrived at the front desk to turn in the keys, the same clerk was writing on a clipboard and ignored me. After a few minutes, she looked up and didn't even say can I help you. Could not be bothered with me, apparently I was bothering her. Other than that it was satisfactory.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Maryellen W
Reviewed July 23, 2012

we recently stayed here and the accomodations were fine, the property seems to be suffering from a little deferred maintenance. The price was right & the included breakfast was very good- not just yucky danish & coffee. The location was convenient.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I just stayed 6 days here at the Residence Inn Williston and we were very pleased with our stay. Our room was cozy & clean and the bed was extremely comfortable.

The entire staff, the front dest, the breakfast staff and housekeeping were professional and personable. The one housekeeper Sarah was super polite and helpful as was the gentleman at the front desk that printed out directions for our return drive home. Every Marriott should be so lucky as to have a staff like this one!

We would definitely recommend this residence inn and will stay here again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Judy T
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I was here for 4 nights with my four children. A single parent with 4 young kids. They did not clean the room the final day and did nothing about it. When we returned to the room at the end of the day, which was raining all day, housekeeping had left and so they could not clean the room. They did not offer us a different room. They simply apologized. The next morning the bill was under the door with no adjustment. They offered reward points to cover the inconvenience. When I told them I thought that was inappropriate and they should adjust the price of the room they said we stayed in the room and so "a service was rendered". They indicated they had come to clean the room but one of the children told them not to clean it. I don't get how a hotel can take instructions from children and then rely on that, or how they could keep a straight face in saying so. A very sad end to an otherwise enjoyable trip. I will happily return to Burlington but I would not return to this hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

As a Marriott Rewards member, when I travel for business, I try to gain points to stat at a Marriott. Had stayed in another Marriott close by, but this one is wonderful. One of the quietest
places I've stayed at in a long time. The staff was excellent and they serve a free dinner and breakfast. The staff was warm and friendly and my room, although dark in the morning, was perfect, comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: Make sure your room isn't facing Rt. 89
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
burlingtongm, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for sharing your stay with TripAdvisor.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Williston
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Courtyard Burlington Williston
The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!