“Good Food But Different”
Review of Thyme

Thyme
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Eclectic and creative menu featuring local ingredients. Located in the Old Tip Top Bread Bakery building which is home to numerous artist studios and retail shops in downtown White River Junction, Vermont. Outdoor seating when weather permits.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A rather well known establishment in White River Junction, Very popular and usually a line to get in. The food is eclectic not your typical steak and potato kind of place. Things like pork portabella meat loaf, goat cheese cake, grilled lettuce salad. Great service, staff are very well educated on their menu and how the items are prepared which was great. This is not what you would expect in the middle of Vermont. A real treasure that will tickle your taste buds and have you wanting to return. Make reservations if possible.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I'm an experienced world-traveling foodie and I know a gem when I find one - and this is one have no doubt ... We lucked out that they save a few table's for two for walk-in's since this Sat. night was booked solid when we asked at 5pm, waiter and hostess were extremely friendly and professional, and the food was "farm to table" fresh; my daughter had the meatloaf and I had the duck, after the two apps of french fries and garlic gnocchi and warm fresh bread. So unless you are a party of two willing to cross your fingers, call for reservations far ahead of time .. there is a reason this place is always packed.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

So bear with me while I rave.

Tip Top Cafe at 85 N Main St, White River Jct, VT. (802) 295-3312 WOW!! I heard cafe and surely did not expect what we found. This little restaurant in the corner of a building on RT 5, had a modern, friendly, open feel. We were welcomed by our waiter John, who directed us to a table near the front of the restaurant. The service was top notch, and both John and Gary provided us with detailed information about each of the dishes on which we inquired. There were a couple of specials and again the detail regarding the dishes was provided in a friendly and highly informative manner, helping us to make our selections. The salad was large enough that we split it. John brought us bread hot out of the oven with a dipping sauce that made us drool. If the entree was as good as the salad and bread, we knew we had a real find here. I got the Red Snapper Special which was cooked perfectly and had lightly fried spaghetti squash placed over the top, with some vegetables underneath. Oh MY, it was good. Becky got the Cod, which was served on bed of very thin almost spaghetti shaped potatoes over a buttery garlic sauce. The food was exquisite. On a scale of 1-10 – this place is a 15.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Every single item was simply delicious. Subtle and smart use of herbs and fun atmosphere. It is right next to Tip Top Pottery which offers great fun for ladies night out( painting in a night) and pottery place lets you bring in food from TopTop Cafe and BYOB

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I booked this restaurant on the strength of the reviews on this site and the fact that they do meatloaf, which my wife likes to try from time to time. One previous reviewer described it as a five star restaurant, but I wouldn't go that far. What I would say though is that it is an excellent establishment that serves excellent food. I'd certainly give it five stars for that, but don't expect fancy silver service or obsequious wait staff.

Our server was Gary, who did an excellent job.

The restaurant is set in a converted industrial building which has been reclaimed and now houses a number of different businesses. The decor has a sort of 'industrial' feel, but I think it works well. It's a little off the beaten track, but parking is plentiful right outside the door. We'd go back there in a heartbeat if we were ever in the area again.