“rendezvous”
Review of Thyme

Thyme
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Eclectic and creative menu featuring local ingredients. Located in the Old Tip Top Bread Bakery building which is home to numerous artist studios and retail shops in downtown White River Junction, Vermont. Outdoor seating when weather permits.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We met other family here for lunch as WRJ was half way between us. I picked the Tip Top based on TripAdvisor reviews, and it was a fine choice. TA comes through again.

We made reservations to be assured we would have a table for 5. Our table was waiting, a round table which made for easy conversation. This type of gathering has been an annual gabfest for a few years (1st time here) as family from 3-4 states converge between the holidays to meet and greet.

The staff was very accommodating, friendly, and professional. Lunch options offered great variety, presentation, and tastes. Rarely do my wife and I have dessert after lunch, but we all did, and they were superb.

We have often driven through White River Jct, but usually stick to the interstates and zoom by. The Tip Top may change that. Good job, folks.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I've eaten here many times since the current owners took it over several years ago (they also own the Tuckerbox down the road). The food seems to keep getting better, with creative gourmet offerings -- a recent pork loin menu special served with a wonderful fig sauce was to die for; atlantic salmon seared in a brown sugar dijon sauce was also quite good. The painted stone floor from this venue's days as a bread factory keeps the restaurant cool in summer, but also keeps the temperature and the atmosphere from being as warm as we wish in winter. Tip Top is a close second behind Elixir, in my book, for best restaurant in White River Junction; menu is nearly on par; service at Tip Top -- a bit less refined -- is where Elixir gets the nod.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

too many things went wrong in one visit to give them a happy review.
the entree I ordered was not available but they didn't tell me for 10 minutes after I ordered. The other entree ordered came cold and had to be remade. The risotto was more like a cream and cheese soup. I used to be quite pleased with the meals here.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We enjoyed our meal so much, every morsel. The whole experience just topped off our weekend. Warm relaxing atmosphere, quiet, too. Delightful evening!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

It was an unexpected treat in White River Junction, which in the past, hasn't had too many choices for eating.