“It was a dark and stormy night.”
Review of Thyme

Thyme
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Eclectic and creative menu featuring local ingredients. Located in the Old Tip Top Bread Bakery building which is home to numerous artist studios and retail shops in downtown White River Junction, Vermont. Outdoor seating when weather permits.
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I were travelling through Vermont last weekend when we stopped for the night in White River Junction. We were tired, damp, and cold, but we warmed up quickly as soon as we found the Tip Top. Service was very prompt and friendly even without reservations. The cocktails were outstanding. I had the risotto, which was perfectly cooked. My boyfriend had the lamb, and he said it was the most tender and non-gamy lamb he'd ever had. (We think it was probably from a local farm.)

The overall ambience of the restaurant was pleasant and casual. Prices were very reasonable considering the portions and quality of the food. Too bad we didn't pass through on our way back home!

2  Thank thehatladyNewYork

Reviewed September 13, 2012

great for lunch or dinner tip-top sets the pace for dining in white river junction. old bakery building sets the stage for contemporary decor with professional service and creative cuisine. do not miss the aoli fries and treat yourself to a chocolate chip cookie for dessert.

1  Thank Mb300sr
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Service could not have been better...food was great, from the outside it looks like a backwater diner in a small shopping center, then come in to a peaceful modern dining room with lots of natural light. When in the area I highly recommend you put this great eatery on your must do list!

1  Thank MommaB923
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Busy resturant good service and some good food. I had the steak, with spinach and Gorgonzola pasta, it was cooked perfectly. My wife had the meat loaf with asparagus and mash and rated it highly. Most importantly, our 11 year old loved his steak cooked just how he likes it, pretty rare, and cleared the plate.

Portions are a sensible size though we only managed a shared starter and our mains. Only negative is that I prefer Sam Adams Summer Ale on draft to bottled....pretty minor.

Our waiter was very attentive and, pace was more European than US, which we felt was appropriate.

2  Thank Keith J
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Located in an unlikely spot the Tip Top Cafe was a very pleasant experience. Service was a bit slow and but we were not in any rush and did let our server know that. The food from a shared grilled cesaer to our entrees was very good. I had the grilled flank steak and my husband had the swordfish. Both were excellent. It was a 40th anniversary celebration and dessert was "on the house" which was very nice. When we are White River Jct. again, we would definitely go back.

2  Thank Lesmol