“Another great restaurant in WRJ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Elixir Restaurant

Elixir Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Elixir Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Contemporary American Cuisine
New Haven, Connecticut
“Another great restaurant in WRJ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

We have been to Tip Top Cafe and Elixir is just as good. Both tied for #1 in the region in my opinion. It is not kid friendly in the traditional sense, since they do not have a children's menu, but the waiter and chef had no problem devising a child's portion, so don't rule it out if you have kids.
We went on a snowy Saturday night and the place was packed. We had reservations, so our table was waiting. Interesting that nearly all the cars in the parking lot had NH or VT tags. This is where the locals get top-notch food.
Great service and good food, plus nice atmosphere in an old freight building. As you can tel, I like White River Jct. It is an authentic town with no snooty attitude and two excellent restaurants. Pay a visit sometime.

• Visited January 2011

Allentown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Elixir is a lovely way to spend an evening.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

I realize the previous recent reviews talked about poor service, but that was not our experience tonight. The service was timely, friendly, and helpful to me in deciding on my dinner choice. I chose the trout special, and it could not have been better, as it was boneless, tasty, and cooked just perfectly. My husband devoured the fall off the bone short ribs and the accompanying sides. Since we are touring in the area and our vacation is ending , I regret we can not add the Elixir to our list of return to restaurants.

Upstate New York
“Great, if you don't mind slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

In a nutshell, the ambiance was wonderful, the staff as friendly as could be, the food tasty, but the service was sooooooo sloooooooowwww. After we waited for a long while to have our drinks refilled, trying to "catch our waitresses eye" without success, I finally just got up and went to the bar myself to get them. They should add another waitperson, but all in all, it was good.

Dauphinot
“Absolutely Amazing All Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

I would like to note first that Elixir has changed hands in the past year. Thank goodness. The old Elixir was a "tapas style" restaurant, the service was very poor, and the food mediocre at best. Since Jane and Skip have started running Elixir, it has been amazing. Skip and Jane are truly wonderful hosts, and run a wonderful operation.

My husband and I decided to give Eilixr another try after a bad experience about two years ago. We were extremely pleasantly surprised by everything.

1) The wine list is phenomenal. The bottles range from $19-$195--- something for everyone. They have a great selection, and all the house wines by the glass are $5.

2) The menu is great, and very fairly priced. A couple of highlights-- The crispy goat cheese salad, and the house made pate-- amazing. JP, the chef, is very very talented, and creates amazing dishes. I love love the porcini ravioli in parmesean broth with spinach flan. So delicious. There is also a specials menu that changes nightly. My husband has tried multiple things from here, and they are all worhthy of 5 stars. The lamb shank is also amazing. We LOVE the crispy cheesecake, and the berry crisp to end the meal.

3) The atmosphere is great. In an old freight house, and the bar is great.

My husband and I have been to every restaurant in the Upper Valley, and this is by far the best we have experienced.

Thank goodness for Skip and Jane, we will will have a place to eat every week!

Give Elixir a try, you will NOT regret it.

Cambridge
“One of the Best Restuarants in the Hanover Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

Elixir is a really good restaurant! Atmosphere is pleasant, service is good, prices are reasonable. My husband and I shared a salmon rillette appetizer....superb. I had a veal chop perfectly cooked with superb vegetables and potato latkes for $20....a bargain. Chocolate bread pudding was fantastic. Drinks are generous and reasonably priced.