“Disappointed”
Review of Elixir Restaurant

Elixir Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Elixir Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Contemporary American Cuisine
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Based on the reviews, we were expecting something exceptional. For White River Junction, there are not a lot of choices, so it may be the best available. I had the salmon, which was OK. My wife was disappointed in the risotto cake with shrimp. She was expecting something like shrimp and risotto cakes similar to crab cakes. Instead the risotto cakes were bland the the small shrimp were more of a garnish. Otherwise, the service was fine and the atmosphere was good, although the view of the rail yard was not very interesting.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Several friends have recommended this restaurant, but, even though I live nearby, this was the first time I had eaten there. Since I had already checked the menu out online, I already knew what I wanted to have last night: the Summer Salad, with baby greens, toasted sunflower seeds, blackberries, cheese, and a finer-beer vinaigrette, and the Cocoa Dusted Petit Filets Mignon, with mashed Yukon potatoes, glazed haricots beans, and Cabernet Sauvignon demi-glace. My friend chose the same appetizer and entree, and, although they were a more conservative choice from an eclectic menu, we both enjoyed them immensely. The blackberries were a nice touch with the salad, and the filets (two each) especially were tender and delicious.

To accompany the meal, I chose a Pinot Noir from the wine-list, and it was a good choice for our entree.

As to service, our young and efficient waitress provided just the right amount of attention. In addition, the owner stopped by to see how we were enjoying our meal. When we complimented him on the quality of the filets mignon, he said they were always freshly hand-cut and never frozen. He was also there to thank us on our way out of the restaurant, and when my friend discovered she had left something at our table, it was he who went back promptly to retrieve it for her.

My compliments to the Elixir for an excellent and reasonably-priced dining experience.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Don't let the location fool you ... it's worth the drive (even for more than an hour) to eat here. Elixar is located in an old freight house building converted into a restaurant on one end of the building and music venue on the other end. The décor is very hip/trendy and was quite unexpected after seeing the outside. The only complaint is that upon entering, there is a mothball like smell (is it the age of the building?) which made us wonder if we had chosen this restaurant wisely. It didn't take long for us to realize we chose wisely. The staff were incredibly friendly, the menu was a perfect size/selection and the price was incredibly reasonable for meals, as well as drinks. The appetizers were fantastic (especially the mussels - get a whole, not half order!), the entrees melt-in-your-mouth delicious (even the mashed potatoes were incredible!), and the dessert, which we could barely finish, but had to try (bananas foster bread pudding), exceeded our expectations. Would return here again and again just to try everything on the menu.

1  Thank Above-the-Notch-NH
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to Elixir returning to this area for a little R&R. The service was very good. My mother in law and I had the filet which was cooked perfect. My wife had the scallops which we very tasty. Deserts are made on-site and are very good. My wife had a ice cream brownie sandwich which was nice. Prices as reasonable. Would highly recommend and will return.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I arrived shortly after the restaurant opened and I was almost put off by the warehouse exterior and empty parking lot. I was very pleased that we went inside. Our experience went uphill from there as we were greeted by the owner. The Davidson cocktail was excellent; the cocoa dusted petits filets mignon were tender and delicious and were well balanced by a Sonoma red wine by the glass. Our server was very gracious and efficient. Within an hour, on this Thursday evening, the restaurant was nearly full with locals enjoying the excellent, well-priced food.