“Longtime business traveler - customer no more.”

White River Inn and Suites
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have stayed at the White River Inn and Suites for several years before the construction started when the office was up front in the "old" part. On average, I stay there 15-18 times a year at a longstanding business traveler rate which is/was the same price year round. I was there during busy times and there in slow times. They always had my business and I was a loyal customer. Place has always been clean and comfortable and still is, however, the construction workers have turned it into their personal club. They smoke where they aren't supposed to, noisy, taking 2 spots to park one vehicle - complete disregard for others and nothing is done about it. When checking out today The White River Inn thanked me for my business by more than doubling my rate to $149.99 per night! No explanation of why the rates when up almost double. Seriously? Ridiculous. I will stay elsewhere. The clerk, Mary, was obviously uncomfortable with telling me the news and seemed upset.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Momof2inMaine

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed only one night and will never stay there again. When I checked in at the front desk I was not greeted but I did receive a very poor attitude from the older lady named Mary who seem to be in a very bad mood and didn't want to be bothered checking me in.
When I entered my assigned room the beds were not made and the bathroom was dirty. I called the front desk and was told I would have to go back to the front desk to get another key to a different room. So I went back with my bags. Not a very accommodating hotel or staff. I asked to speak to the manager and was told she was not available even though I saw her walking around the back office.
Also when I entered the lobby I could feel the tension.

The next morning I checked out and went to get something to eat but nothing looked good so I left and went to McDonalds.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
7  Thank rhcaron1963
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I booked a room here a bit last minute as I was coming in on the train on 3/12 and there was a horrendous snowstorm rolling into Vermont. I didn't want to make the hour plus trek home after getting off the train and this was the least expensive place I could find for the night. I booked through booking.com and got a great rate of $79! I also needed to ask some questions of the staff and I spoke to Mary on the phone before I arrived. There was even a point where I thought my train was cancelled due to weather (it ended up not being cancelled), and she was going to let me cancel the room and not charge me. Very gracious of her. She was so sweet and helpful, I felt like I was talking to someone I knew for years. When I checked in around 6:45 p.m., the woman and gentleman working at the desk were just as sweet and accommodating. They were joking back and forth and very good natured and check in was so easy. The woman also asked if I had eaten and I said no, commenting that I would probably settle in, then drive down to the McDonald's I saw on the way there. She proceeded to pull out a menu for Ziggy's, local restaurant and said "these guys will deliver right to your room!" It was music to my ears as I really was not looking forward to getting back into my car at all that night. The room was spotless and comfortable. I ended up with a suite with a couch/sitting area and a queen bed. There was also a tiny kitchenette in the room. I didn't need all that space, but the room was quite nice for the price. The complimentary continental breakfast was standard fare; cereal, muffins, bagels, waffles, fruit, coffee and juice. The bed was comfortable and I slept well! I met Mary in person the next morning and she was so happy that I made it in safely and wished me safe travels home. I would definitely recommend this place in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank LeighLa74
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed one night here on our way to Boston from Northern Vermont. We searched all of the other chain hotels in the area and couldn't find a room with two queen beds for less than $140 a night until we check the White River Inn and were able to book a room for $79 a night. The pictures online looked great but we were skeptical due to the inexpensive price. We were pleasantly surprised! The hotel is a little out dated but it looks like they are updating a little at a time which is fine when the hotel and the rooms are as clean as they are. Our room appeared to have just had a sprinkler system installed as the trim covering the piping was half complete but again, we were able to overlook this because the room was clean and comfortable. The pool and the pool area was very clean. We would definitely stay here again should we be in the area again and need to stay overnight.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Lived there for a couple of months and had nothing but positive experiences. The suites were brand new and very clean. The overall quality of this place was definitely above average for this area, and I can say that because my husband and I searched for a long time before deciding to stay here.

The staff that we experienced was absolutely excellent. Everyone was always more than willing to help us out with anything we needed, and it was really pleasant to get a smile and greeting every time we entered or left the building.

We didn't get to use the indoor pool very much because of our busy schedule, but anyone with kids especially would really enjoy it.

Overall, I would highly recommend this as an option for a few nights or for a long-term stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I spent 6 months here when working at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center as a travel RN. Beautiful 1 bedroom apt with kitchen w/full sized appliances and granite, balcony, indoor pool and laundry facilities. 15 minutes from Dartmouth and across the street from the VA hospital. Staff was helpful and welcoming. Thanks Guys!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Great clean affordable room. My husband and I arrived very late into town, we were able to get a room despite the fact that there was a large swim meet in the area, the front desk staff was accommodating and pleasant. The room was immaculate and we never heard a peep from other guests once we closed our door! Definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Riv...
#4 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Lebanon

Been to White River Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!