“Nothing positive to say” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of White River Inn and Suites

White River Inn and Suites
New York City, New York
“Nothing positive to say”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

For less money, you can have a much better experience a couple miles away at the Fireside Inn in West Lebanon. Better experience meaning - 2 comfortable queen beds with 4 pillows a piece instead of 2 lumpy double size beds with no more than 2 pillows a piece. We even asked for a couple more pillows and were told there were absolutely none. Also better in terms of two heated pools and a jacuzzi in the Fireside Inn compared to 1 somewhat smelly basic pool, semi-heated.

When we turned on the heat, the room was overwhelmed with a gaseous, burning smell. Maybe not a problem if weather is nice outside. However, it happened to be in the 40s that night so it was not that comfortable.

Be forewarned that, if you book White River Inn online, they will claim that you did not book it with them = stating their website is really some third party named 'pelican' - and will not work with you on any changes to the reservation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank deeincity

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Portland, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Driving up to this hotel I was very scared at what I had gotten into because of the abandoned(?) EconoLodge-looking part that is attached to the newer lobby and pool area. I assume leaving the abandoned crappy hotel attached to the building is all a part of their plan since it always made me take stock in the kinds of problems I was having.

Like when my air conditioner would kick on and the whole room would smell funny, I'd just think: "I bet it smells terrible in that dilapidated building." Or when my refrigerator would turn my almond milk into a block of ice, I'd say: "That building A looks like the kind of hotel that wouldn't even give you a fridge." When I would come back and find that bugs had somehow gotten in the room again I'd remember that creepy old building and say "Wild Animals are probably living in there." And when the wifi would slow down so much I couldn't even load a webpage, that long-abandoned Econolodge would come to mind and I'd feel better about dealing with all of this, because it could have been worse. In fact, worse was right there for me to see every time I pulled in.

Also, who numbered the rooms in this hotel? It makes no sense to have every room be a 300 number in a building with multiple floors. I felt like I must have been on camera entertaining an audience watching me look for my 300 number room on the third floor and not finding it.

I give it 2 points for having a friendly staff, but I will avoid this place in the future.

Room Tip: Building A and C should be avoided.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jeremy K
Devon UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Only stayed one night on our way through but John on reception could not have been more helpful and even printed out directions to the excellent Elixir restaurant nearby. The hotel was spotlessly clean and beds very comfortable. We were last down to breakfast but Darlene cooked fresh omelettes especially for us - delicious!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

In short, this was my first time at a hotel in a long while and this Hotel was awesome. The room was nicely furnished and smelled nice too. Very clean from the Lobby to the rooms. Very nice breakfast and Pool area. This is a place that makes you feel at peace while you are there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Randolph, Vermont, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great rooms, great service and friendly people. With endless coffee and tea, the complementary breakfast is eaven better! Beautiful lounge/lobby with computers for internet browsing or printing off directions, very helpful! The free wifi and pool are great with outdoor grills and sun chairs-like home away from home. The staff are well manored and polite. Also, their open to discuss and or help with any issues or give advise. Its nice to know the staff will help in anyway to make my stay that much more pleasent. Thanks!

Room Tip: Call in advance so your pets can come too!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed in upgraded room on second floor. Queen bed and living room nook. Had all amenities. Staff was friendly and helpful especially Darlene and Craig. Got AAA discount. Room was 130.00 but worth it. They also have a wonderful indoor pool and great continental breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012
Charlton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

On Sept 15th 2012 we had made reservations at the Comfort Inn in White River. We had asked for a non smoking room. I am allergic to cigarette smoke. When we got to our floor the place smelled of smoke. Our room smelled even worse. There was a huge red stain on the carpet, hair in the tub and dirty bathroom floors. We got our money back and left. We ended up at the White River Inn. We explained our problem and Craig Carol were so helpful. They had a room for us and made us check it out first to make sure we were happy. They couldnt do anymore for us. I will always stay at this hotel when ever I am in the area. You should be proud to have these 2 wonderful man working for you.

Room Tip: Any room will provide a wonderful stay.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl S
Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Riv...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Hotel Coolidge
Hotel Coolidge
#4 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to White River Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!