“Wonderful!!!”

White River Inn and Suites
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My stay at White River Inn and Suites has been wonderful! The front desk are always accomodating to any request and service is always with a smile. Housekeeping always does a thorough job cleaning my room/bathroom and when I am in the room they never leave without asking me if I need anything further like more towels/shampoo/paper etc. Their service as well is always with a smile and are upmost professional. My dog and I felt so
welcomed from day one. This entire staff/facilty go above and beyond from Alison and Paula(management-professional with great sense of humor) to front desk (you will LOVE Ms. Mary) to housekeeping (props to my Romanian buddy Andrei) to maintenance (thanks for fixing my fire alarms so quickly Chris!) EVERYONE (and you know I know all of you) in all areas make this facility run smoothly/efficiently 24/7, which is imperative to 5-star service.
DEFINITELY book here for a comfy, warm and friendly stay!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Catherine J
Tika F, Sales at White River Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Thank you so much for your review! It’s nice to hear that our staff is doing a great job. We always try and make everyone feel at home when they stay with us. Having everything you need is important so when all you have to do is ask it makes life that much easier.

I see that your stay started before the pet policy changed. Unfortunately we no longer accept pets starting Sept. 1, 2011. However, I'm happy to see that we were able to accommodate you before the recent change.

It makes me happy to hear good things about our hotel. It tells me that we are doing what we need to do to make our guests happy. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel and I hope that you will stay with us in the future and even recommend us to your family and friends.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

This used to be a pet friendly hotel and is still listed in most guides as pet friendly.

While more and more hotels are adding a pet friendly option, this hotel actually eliminated it! They claim it is because of their new renovations.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Buddy951
Tika F, Sales at White River Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry that there are still sites out there that state that were are pet friendly. We have been trying to fix that issue. Yes as of September 1, 2011 we are no longer accepting pets; however we are able to give you information about local kennels so that you will still be able to travel with your pets. Sorry for any inconvenience. I do hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and i hope that we will see you in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

I was not sure about staying at the White River Inn as they are under renovation and the reviews weren't so great. I'm so happy I decided to book there. The experience from the check in process to checking out was top notch!! The Front Desk staff was very welcoming and friendly. The housekeeping staff was super and always willing to help any way they could. My room was always clean and the special attention to detail was an added treat. Paula, seeing that I needed a little assistance with my luggage, went out of her way to assist. She went over and above even loading my belongings in my car and helping us with directions! The sincere kindness extended to us during out stay is the reason my family and I will certainly be back!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Shannon C
Tika F, Sales at White River Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

I'm so happy that you were pleased with your stay. We like to encourage people to not let the construction scare you but it's not always possible. Our staff is very understanding to the fact that we are under construction and are more than willing to accommodate our guests any way that we can. I have shared this review with our staff and it has raised the bar! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Vermont! Thank you.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

The staff at the White River Inn is terrific. They are great people to deal with. The room we had was spacious, very clean, and well appointed. Don't let the remodeling scare you. The rooms are great and the staff is helpful. I will go back.

Room Tip: Please keep your tips about rooms only
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank claudiabrown
Tika F, Sales at White River Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm happy to hear that our new rooms are pleasing. Our staff is always friendly and that is one of the things that bring people back. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will come back when the remodeling is done!

Reviewed June 18, 2011

The place overall is about average. They are renovating it and have it about one third completed. You have to go across the parking lot for breakfast to the Holiday Inn Express which has a really good breakfast. There is no pool right now for either hotel as it is being redone as well. The furnishings in these newly remodeled rooms are pretty substandard and one of the chairs in my room was wobbly to the point I didn't much trust it. The woman at the check in was extremely nice and hospitable when we checked in. With all the renovation work and having to go get my breakfast across the parking lot, I'd just give this place an average though.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank papagrit

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm happy to report that we have come a long way with our remodeling since you stayed her at the White River Inn & Suites. I apologize that you had just an "ok" stay. I hope that the next time you are in town you will stay here and give us another chance. Thank you again for posting your review.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

My sister and I were in Vermont for a Disc Dog Competition and had booked a room at the Econo Lodge in Montpelier (see my review for that motel) and were stuck at the last minute trying to find alternate accomodations. We stumbled across the White River Inn on our way to a Holiday Inn Express (which allowed pets) several miles away. We thought we would take a chance rather than drive another 1/2 hour or so.

The Inn is still under extensive renovation but one building was done and we were given a room there. We were pleasantly surprised to find a clean, spacious room. There were a few issues which I suspect will be rectified in time. The room doors were obviously "recycled" from the old Econo Lodge and need work and we noticed many rooms had small pieces of paper taped to them with the room number. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom so the room fogged up quickly after a shower. The lamps were flimsy and easily knocked over. There were no ice machines so I had to cross over to the Holiday Inn to get ice. The vending machine on our floor for drinks was empty. There was no way to get to the main lobby of the motel except to go outside and around since the middle of the hotel was a construction zone. The free WIFI is certainly nice to have but didn't work most of the time and was excrutiatingly slow when it did.

So perhaps it is somewhat premature to be open, but in our case, we were happy to have a room and were mostly happy with our stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

I'm happy to report that the White River Inn & Suites is bigger and better. We have fixed most of the things that you mentioned in your review. Some things are a little more stubborn than others. Unfortunately we are no longer pet friendly as of September 1, 2011. I do hope that you will stay with us when you are visiting the Upper Valley again! I would like for you to see the property now that it’s further along. We hope to be done by spring of 2012. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

$150 dollars paid and I decided to sleep clothed as the room was so dirty. I know they are doing the hotel up and thats fine, but for now it's not good.

At breakfast there wasn't enough tables and the breakfast lady was scary.

It's in an area with loads of over hotels, go give one of the others a try.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SCO19
busherman, General Manager at White River Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I was surprised to read you were not happy with your accommodations and my staff's performance. I can assure you that what you experienced is not the norm. My staff and I strive to ensure all our guest leave happy and it is our goal to provide clean, comfortable and most importantly affordable accommodations.

On October 18, 2010 we started a major renovation of the hotel. We are adding 2 more floors and creating 72 1 bedroom suites with full kitchens and living areas. We expect to be completed by early summer 2011.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Lebanon
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Riv...
#4 of 8 in White River Junction
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge

Been to White River Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!