“Right hotel for what I needed"”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Boston, Massachusetts
“Right hotel for what I needed"”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Rolling into town for a customer meeting, I had tried other competitor's in the immediate area in the recent past. I found that I could get the best rate here so I decided to give the property a try.

After driving 300 miles today, the friendly staff identified me as a first time visitor and answered all my questions despite a busy check in time. The property looked new inside and out, very clean, and the king suite was very spacious(perfect for me and all my gear, laptop, printer, etc) and also quiet.

Using my AAA discount, the rate was reasonable and very competitive when compared to other hotels in the area. I had a great experience and will be looking to book here again for my next trip up to the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
StringJ2, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, September 16, 2010
Thank your for your positive feedback! We are always pleased to receive comments from our guests to inspire us to provide the best service possible! Your comments have been shared with the staff and we look forward to serving you in the future! Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed September 7, 2010

There are a bunch of hotels in WRJ right around the 89/91 junction. But, we were totally happy with our stay at Holiday Inn Express. The best part: Adrian at the front desk. We arrived 4 hours before check-in with our 16month old kids after a 5 hour drive. Adrian found us an available king suite (similar to the one we reserved) that we could get into right away. He was our hero. The fact that he later saw me wheeling in a very full luggage cart and opened the door - impressed us that much more.

The king suite was huge! Everything was clean, the towels were nicer than the usual haggard hotel towels. The suite had a microwave, full size fridge, and 2 stove-top burners. Very handy set-up for traveling with small kids. I thought the free breakfast was really good, too (cheese omlettes, grits, biscuits, sausage, plus all the usuals - cereal, yogurt, pastries). Mind you, this isn't a qaint Vermont B&B. So don't expect fine local cuisine. Its a free breakfast at a Holiday Inn Express.

All around, a great place to stay. Mostly because of staff like Adrian.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Nice hotel, friendly staff, couldn't have found a better hotel in this area. They even managed a room with a balcony, although the Vermont rain didn't allow us to use it.

Room was clean and even had a microwave and fridge in it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 11, 2010

While this is just your basic Holiday Inn Express right off the highway I do give it high marks for convenient location to Hanover, NH and Dartmouth (only about 5-10 min away) and for a full kitchen which I was not at all expecting. I just paid for a basic room so I was surprised to find out that my room was a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen. The furnishings and decor are modest but this would be a great location if you need to stay for a longer term as it really has everything you need.

I appreciated the (free) parking garage under the building to be able to keep my car cool out of the hot July sun.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 28, 2010

I recently stayed here when I traveled to VT for a friend's wedding. Since eating out with my daughter can be difficult at times, I paid for a suite with full kitchen.

The room was very nice, but hot. Beds were comfortable, it was a well laid out suite. The bathroom was really nice.

If you get a room with a kitchen and plan on cooking, I would call during the day of your arrival to ask for cooking supplies. After checking in and unpacking I went to make dinner. There are glasses, plates, bowls, utensils....nothing to cook with. I called the front desk and the gentleman there told me that they don't provide the cooking supplies unless you are staying long term (I was only staying 4 nights), and that those things were kept in a locked closet only the manager had the key for and the manager was already gone. He did manage to scrounge up a pot and the world's smallest frying pan. So at least I could make some mac & Cheese for dinner.

The next day on our way out I stopped at the desk and was told that they don't put the stuff in the room unless people ask because of theft. Ok, so do the people there not realize that if I am paying for a kitchen, I might want to cook? When we came back later there was a container with a pot, two sauce pans/lids, and a frying pan. No spatula to use with the frying pan so I had to call back and they sent one up.

They have free breakfast that is okay. The eggs (powdered) leave a lot to be desired, but the Cinnamon rolls are to die for! They also have toast, bagels, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs...

Housekeeping did a nice job....but.....
The room was cleaned well but one day when we returned I could not fine a bag of cookies, a muffin, a loaf of Italian bread, a little tub of PB that was left over from their free breakfast that morning. Also missing were two reusable shopping bags. The fan we had left because the room was so hot was turned off and all the windows opened. This made me very uncomfortable (and glad my allergies were not acting up)
My daughter went to hide in the closet and I saw the bags that were missing in there. I had not put anything in there to store so if she had not opened it I would not have found them. I did eventually find everything else when I went to use the microwave. Housekeeping had put it all in there for some reason. Well, I found everything except the peanut butter. I have no idea if they threw it out or if was put back into circulation with the other peanut butters out at breakfast.

The wi-fi connection is good, not as speed as at home, but worked very well.

Other than the house keeping issue and the cooking supplies not being provided, our stay was very nice.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
StringJ2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, May 4, 2010
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts regarding your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites with fellow & future travelers! We are most excited to announce the future arrival of brand new, stainless steel appliances to all guest suites, however, we most certainly apologize regarding regarding the transitional period that had inconvenienced you & your family.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, it was a truely a pleasure to have you. Rest assured, I am excited by the opportunities to share your comments with our staff, allowing for the continued improvement upon the services we are so happy to provide!
Albany, NY
Reviewed February 14, 2010

My wife and I stayed here as guests of Dartmouth College for a conference we attended. The suite was large, clean and comfortable.

Though the room was clean the in-between housekeeping was lacking. I brewed coffee the first morning but the coffee packs were never replaced. Not the end of the world, however, as there was a full breakfast (including coffee) available on the first floor.

The rooms offered free wi-fi but the connection was poor. I could not connect on my first attempt. When I called to the front desk I was advised that it often took at least 5 minutes of continuous tries (for him, at the front desk) before a connection was made.

Sadly we had an inconsiderate family stay above us who let their two little girls run free beginning each morning at 7. When we asked to be moved we were told the family had checked out. We thought this would resolve the situation but it was apparantly untrue as the same thing happened the following morning. When I went to the front desk to complain I was treated as if I was being unreasonable for expecting parents to keep their children from running and jumping at 7 AM.

All in all, had we not had the family above us the stay would have been great and we would never have known about the receptionist's lack of training in customer care. Again, the room itself was comfortable enough and the breakfast offered was hot, plentiful and yummy. While I would not recommend to others I believe that the experience can be improved easily should they choose to address the concerns addressed above.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jjnapt1
StringJ2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, February 28, 2010
Thank you for allowing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites provide your accommodations throughout your travels into the 'Upper Valley'! Please allow me to express how disheartened we are to hear of your frustrations during your time with us, as we take pride in the customer service & accommodations we've become so reputable in offering!

Based upon the concerns you have expressed, the Management of the Holiday Inn Express most certainly researched each frustruation as mentioned within your review and has modified policies, and/or took additional measures to ensure the proper resolve for you & your family, as well as comfort for all future travelers. Upon doing so, we were able to uncover the following information:

*The guest from Friday evening had, in fact, checked out Saturday morning. The Guest Service Representative on duty that morning has been an invaluable asset to our hotel for over 5 years, & I am confident that they had surely though the problem of noise would cease upon the first family checking out that Saturday A.M., and we extend your family apologies for that not being the case.

* The hotel Manager on Duty had approached the room on two different occasions to ensure the noise levels were kept to a minimum, as well as routinely passed the room throughout the day, and no issues of extreme noise were to be found.

However, please let me express my sympathies to you & your family. These statements are nothing more than the information we uncovered while researching your frustrations, and are not meant to dismiss or make insignificant, the claims you have made. The Management & staff are so troubled to know that you departed the hotel feeling depreciated, sleep-deprived, and as if your frustrations were not of importance to the operation we work so hard to maintain.

Thank you for taking the time to provide an honest review for fellow travelers. We certainly look towards a future opportunity to provide the service & accommodations we take pride in offering, and that you have come to expect from our brand.
New York, NY
Reviewed February 14, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for an interview at the VA hospital which is across the road (a safe and easy walking distance). From my very first call the staff was incredibly welcoming, friendly, informative and helpful. My standard double room on the 1st floor was clean, quiet and comfortable. I barely heard anyone else, and I don't think the hotel was empty. I would imagine it is less busy than the summer months and had mostly business travelers. The in room refrigerator and microwave were fantastic (they looked brand new) and the complimentary 24 hr tea, coffee, fruit and hot chocolate was a nice touch. The hotel was clean, and the complimentary breakfast was very helpful since there is not much else nearby and I didn't have a car. It had selections for most diets (e.g. yogurts, eggs, breads, muffins). Free in room WiFi, business center and small fitness center were great too. I had to stay an extra night due to the bad weather at home and the staff was able to accomodate me when I made a nearly last minute decision to stay. I ventured up to VT on Amtrak (the station is 5 min taxi ride from the hotel), so I didn't have a car and the staff recommended a local taxi service (Big Yellow Taxi). Prices were reasonable and the drivers were always prompt and friendly.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
StringJ2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, February 24, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to provide fellow travelers with such a detailed review of the hotel services, as well as surrounding attractions & services! The staff of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites is elated to hear of your positive experiences, wishes you the best of luck in your interviews, and hopes to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 8 in White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Riv...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction? Share your experiences!