Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction
Amherst, New Hampshire
“FILTHY Hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I'm writing this review from the Hotel right now. I chose this Hotel as a 1/2 way point to our destination of Okemo Mtn while traveling with our 2 young kids. We booked a 2 room King Suite. Upon arrival, we entered the room which smelled of INTENSE cigarette smoke. Upon further inspection, the bathroom had clearly not even been cleaned-at all. Hair, toothpaste, and shampoo were all clearly visible. The Front Desk promptly switch our room. Upon entering the 2nd room, there was no smell but alas, the room was filthy! Like obviously not clean at all! Some sort of leftover food in sink, filthy carpet, and salt & bread crumbs & other food all over the counters! I was try flabbergasted. The Front Desk was surprised to see me again. Now I'm typing this review from our THIRD room. There is no smell, it's certainly not clean (black hairs easily visible in bathroom and stuck- on food stuff/crumbs on counters), but I felt it was doable for (1) night. Well I just pulled out the sofa sleeper for my Daughter & guess what I found? Bottle caps, crumbs, crackers & trash. Blanket in closet loaded with cigarette burns. Now I know why a 2 room king suite with a full kitchen is $155 bucks a night. STAY AWAY. I know I will. I'd rather be in a 10 square foot room that was clean than a filthy one as large as this. I just hope a get some sleep tonight and nothing bites me in this bed. So Gross!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank NHGirl360
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear NHGirl360,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We regret to see the service and cleanliness prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. We would like to obtain some additional information about your stay and have sent you a private message.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Greenville, SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here for 1 week in November and would classify the hotel as an average Holiday Inn Express. I have stayed at much nicer ones this year and but also a few that were much much worse.

The pros: breakfast, internet speed, water pressure

The cons: no perks for thank you's for being a Platinum member, service was.... average. I really just wasn't blown away by the employees with niceness like I am at many other IHG properties. Also, this was the first Holiday Inn Express where they didn't have a mini store for drinks or light snacks.

Because I try to stay loyal to IHG I would stay here again. But if it weren't for that I would stay at the Hampton or Fairfield that are essentially in the same parking lot.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear majones7,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are pleased you appreciated our breakfast as well as internet speed. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We are deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced due to the service received from our staff. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into.

Thank you again for your comments, and continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Northborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Very nice hotel. We stayed here one night to visit with an old college roommate.
We had a very large one bed room suite, which had a complete full sized kitchen. The room was very clean and in good condition other than some minor damage to the kitchen table edge, and some minor damage in the bathroom, but no big deal. Plenty of hot water.

Very comfortable king sized bed, with your choice of the firmness of the pillows.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They served the standard Holiday in Breakfast which was very nice.

The hotel is right off the interstate near the Connecticut River, but the only view is of the parking lot and neighboring hotels, No views of the rivers.

We would recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

My family and I stayed in this hotel for two nights and used it as a base for sightseeing during the fall foliage season this month. The hotel room itself was very clean and the bathrooms were spotlessly clean as well. We enjoyed the free breakfast and were pleased with the variety of foods offered, especially the cinnamon rolls!

We were very impressed with one of the hotel employees on duty at the desk during our second day; I believe her name was Maureen. She was very, very helpful in recommending scenic drives and we really enjoyed talking with her. On our second morning, we were pleased to speak with a manager who made a point of visiting each table in the breakfast area and speaking to us about our experience at the hotel and in the area.

1 Thank Bluehouse80
Sarah B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and connected with our staff! Maureen has been with us for countless years and is a valued employee; it is no surprise that she would have impressed you with her service! I will be sharing this review with her as she loves to hear what our guests have to say. Thank you again so much and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Woodinville, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Problems every day. First night, no hot water and garbage on the floor of the bathroom. No big deal, it was late. Next morning heard others complaining about hot water, we also reported it. Were told the problem would be addressed. Came back that night, still no hot water. Reported it again; this time it was finally fixed. 2nd night, horrible smell in our room when we came back. The smell got worse by next morning and seems to be coming out of the vent. We thought smell could be mold, reported problem to front desk. Sarah sent Andrei to check out the source. He couldn't find it. We asked if we can switch rooms but Sarah said "no available rooms". Sarah told us she would comp us for that last night. We ended up with the window open all night; but then sound of the freeway kept us up all night. Received our bill the next morning and it was not taken off. Asked front desk about it but they said we would need to wait for Sarah who would be in at 3 PM. Since we were leaving, we left our info for Sarah to contact us. We've heard nothing back from them. But then they got their money, why would they care?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2TravelRats
Sarah B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I do apologize for your experiences and wish we could've resolved the situations for your more promptly. Unfortunately, I do not have and did not receive a number to contact. You're account has been refunded as promised and I apologize that you did not receive an accurate receipt prior to departure. I hope that though you had a negative experience with us you will give us another chance. Again, please accept my sincere apologies.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

The room was spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable. Front desk staff was very helpful when asking for places to eat. Bathroom was in very good condition also, which tends to be a problem with a lot of hotels.Good breakfast. Would definitely recommend it to anyone traveling through NH or VT on fall foliage sightseeing. Also, very close to Woodstock, VT, which is absolutely charming.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate any and all feedback! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and took notice of the staff and their attentiveness. We pride ourselves in our hospitality, that's our business after all! We look forward to having you back!
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Handy location with a friendly, helpful staff. Rooms were quite nice and the beds were very comfortable. I enjoyed a breakfast of egg omelet, yogurt, orange juice and fruit. They also had numerous other breakfast items. A great way to start the day. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sarah B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words! I'm very happy that you enjoyed the breakfast options provided! We hope you visit us again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Riv...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Hotel Coolidge
Hotel Coolidge
#4 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction? Share your experiences!