Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
White River Inn and Suites(White River Junction)
View Hotel
Super 8 White River Junction(White River Junction)
View Hotel
Comfort Inn(White River Junction)
View Hotel
Hotel Coolidge(White River Junction)
Quechee Lakes(Quechee)
View Hotel
All reviewsunderground parkingcovered parkingpancake machinefull kitchencinnamon bunsking suitehi expressparking lotseparate bedroomstandard roomdartmouth collegeyogurtpull out couchnew hampshirehotel breakfastroom was largesized bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2007

We spent two nights here while visiting the area for a family wedding and found the hotel to be an oasis of peace and quiet during all the festivities. Our room was a queen suite with two wonderfully comfortable beds, a good sized living area, and a small kitchenette. It was more than enough for three of us -- in fact, family staying elsewhere spent a lot of time visiting us! Everything was clean (and I am very particular about cleanliness), the complimentary breakfast nice, and the staff accommodating. There is nothing I would want to change about this very pleasant facility -- we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank alwaysmoving
Reviewed November 16, 2006

I stayed here for 3 nights during the leaf peeping season. Overall, the stay was average. The rooms were clean, and we had everything we needed. They also have a parking garage underneath the hotel if you want covered parking. The front desk was especially helpful when I asked for directions or information about local restaurants and attractions. I also liked that there were 2 public computers with internet access. Some might not like that there is no pool, but that did not matter to us. We did have a complaint about there not being oatmeal at breakfast. The attendant said that they had not had any for days. We asked the manager about it, and he had not heard. He said that he'd pick some up for us at the store. The next morning, it was still not there. When I asked about it, the manager explained that he had had problems with skunks at his house so he could not get the oatmeal, but he left and bought us some for that day's breakfast. Also, the apple juice seemed very watered down. I've noticed this at other Holiday Inn Express locations and decided it wasn't worth mentioning. The location is good to use as a home base while visiting Vermont and New Hampshire. There's not a lot of activities right there, but that cuts down on the local traffic too. A previous reviewer complained about the lack of local restaurants, but we found plenty of restaurants close by. (We especially liked Lui Lui). Just don't miss your exit or you may have to travel another 15 miles to turn around.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mrjanto
Reviewed November 6, 2006

Stayed here as part of a seven week coast to coast trip. Picked because of good reviews on trip advisor. This hotel is a little gem. White river junction is on the border between vermont and new hampshire. It's a good place to stop whilst passing through as there's some life here. The town of Hanover nearby is a must see, some lovely restaurants and good places for breakfast! Make sure you checkout Jesse's Steaks & Seafood nearby as well for some great food.

The hotel itself is very new, rooms are huge and very well equipped, parking is good. Breakfast is free continental, fair. Laundry room. Desk clerk was friendly and competant. Would recommend!!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pickupapenguin
Reviewed October 25, 2006

We got our room early, which was a pleasant surprise. It had not been ready when we arrived at noon, which we had expected (we asked anyway) so we asked about places to eat in the area and were helpfully directed to a nearby locale where the food was really good. An hour later we called again, the room was ready.

The room was spacious, extremely clean, all appliances were in perfect working order. The noise level from other guests was so minimal we felt we were alone in the hotel. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We did not eat at the breakfast buffet, but we looked at the fitness centre, which was great. The underground parking garage was also a bonus; generally, there are more than enough parking spaces available.

I would stay again at this hotel. The only problem with White River Junction itself is there are not many options for dining out; we went to Woodstock, 14 miles away. The prices are very good for the good service a guest can expect at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank quiet-1
Reviewed August 8, 2006

We booked this hotel because we were in the area to attend a wedding. I had requested to check in early on the day of arrival so that we could get dressed for the wedding once we arrived (we live 3 hours away). We also wanted to allow a little extra time so that we could find the wedding venue easily. I was advised via e-mail at the time of booking that early check-in would be no problem.

When we arrived, there seemed to be no record of our early check-in request and none of the rooms at the hotel were cleaned, although I had a print-out of the request I had made to the manager and her reply with me. The front desk clerk was sullen and sarcastic, and appeared too bored to deal with us (she was initially not interested in seeing the confirmation at all). We were told to return in half an hour when hopefully our room would be clean.

We returned to check in at the appointed time, but the room was still not quite ready. I asked if we could complete the check-in process anyway while we waited, and got a curt reply in return. She asked if I had the name of the person who had said I could check in early, and I handed her the e-mail confirmation which had come from her manager, whose name was on the wall behind the front desk. When I looked up to hand the front desk clerk my credit card, I found her openly glaring at me (a fact confirmed by my travel companion who was standing behind me).

While it was inconvenient that the room was not ready given that we were pressed for time and that we'd been told it would be, we understand that mix-ups happen. It was more distressing to receive such rude service from the front desk clerk. Aside from our interactions with her, the hotel was more than adequate - large, comfortable suite, clean room and bathroom, plenty of towels, etc. It was unfortunate the such a pleasant stay was marred by the poor attitude of one employee. I might stay here again, but given that there are several other chain hotels in the area, I would definitely look elsewhere first.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends